Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The Sweetaplolita Bakebook


Paint, doodle, and sprinkle your way to stunning one-of-a-kind sweets.

The world of Sweetapolita is sparkly and sprinkly and charming as can be, with 75 recipes for everything from pretty homemade cookies to decadent layer cakes. But what really sets these treats apart are interactive designs that let everyone in on the fun of decorating: Painted Mini Cakes are served with edible "paint" for guests to personalize at the table, the fondant-covered tiered Chalk-a-Lot cake is paired with homemade edible "chalk," and Rainbow Doodle cookies are made for kids to go to town on with edible markers.

Rosie Alyea, the creator of the Sweetapolita blog, frolics in flour and frosting, and she loves to get her two young daughters involved, too. The pages of her debut book are full of playful ideas that will inspire creativity in bakers of all levels—including a recipe for making sprinkles at home and numerous ways to showcase them, such as the Sprinkle-Me-Silly Pizza with rainbow jimmies and nonpareils galore.

With 75 full-color photographs of cookies, cakes, and more plus step-by-step technique tutorials, The Sweetapolita Bakebook will change the way bakers decorate, while entertaining every kid—and kid-at-heart.

Pick up your copy here...


This is such a fantastic cookbook, it is great for moms and grandmas, it has so many great ideas and what is so great about it your kids and grandkids will have a blast decorating the cakes and cookies. What I loved about this  cook book was it has chalk and chalkboard frosting. Yes you read that right. Edible chalk and chalkboard.
This is just the best cookbook for moms and girls to have a blast in the kitchen together.
I found all of the recipes easy and they were made with things I have in the panty already.
I gave this cookbook 5 stars. I highly recommend it to all the bakers out there.
I was given a copy of this book by the publisher for my honest review.


5 comments:

  1. Another mother's day gift. Keep item coming. Great review thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love yo bake so I will be buying this book. Thanks Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure my sweet tooth will love this book. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love collecting cookbooks and this sounds like one that needs to be in my collection! Thanks for the review Mary!

    ReplyDelete