Saturday, May 16, 2015

They almost Always Come Home By Cynthia Ruchti



Finalist - 2011 Carol Award and 2010 RT Book Reviews Reviewers' Choice Award
When Libby’s husband Greg fails to return from a two-week canoe trip to the Canadian wilderness, the authorities soon write off his disappearance as an unhappy husband’s escape from an empty marriage and unrewarding career. Their marriage might have survived if their daughter Lacey hadn’t died . . . and if Greg hadn’t been responsible. Libby enlists the aid of her wilderness savvy father-in-law and her faith-walking best friend to help her search for clues to her husband’s disappearance…if for no other reason than to free her to move on. What the trio discovers in the search upends Libby’s presumptions about her husband and rearranges her faith.
 
Pick up your copy here...
 


Taking multi-tasking to new heights (or depths, depending on your perspective), Cynthia Ruchti is the award-winning author of recent releases "All My Belongings" (novel), "When the Morning Glory Blooms" (novel), and "Ragged Hope: Surviving the Fallout of Other People's Choices" (nonfiction). She makes potato corn chowder for her husband of 42 years, loves on her three kids and five grandchildren, recently retired from 33 years of writing and producing a daily radio broadcast called THE HEARTBEAT OF THE HOME, is past president of the 2,700-member American Christian Fiction Writers and now serves as ACFW's Professional Relations Liaison, all while working on more book projects in addition to the eight already on the shelves. The year 2010 saw the release of her debut novel--"They Almost Always Come Home" by Abingdon Press (a Carol Award finalist)--and a Christmas collection novella, "The Heart's Harbor" in A Door County Christmas, a Family Fiction Reader's Choice, by Barbour Publishing. "His Grace is Sufficient...Decaf is Not," released Nov 1, 2011. Another novella collection--"Cedar Creek Seasons" (Barbour) released in spring of 2012. "When the Morning Glory Blooms" (April 2013) was followed by "All My Belongings" (2014, also from Abingdon Press). Her books have recently been honored with two Selah Awards, two Christian Retailing's BEST Awards, and awards from CAN Golden Scrolls and AWSA Golden Scrolls. She tells stories of Hope-that-glows-in-the-dark through writing and speaking, but she gave up knitting, counted cross-stitch, sewing her own clothes, naps, and dusting baseboards a long time ago. You can find her at www.cynthiaruchti.com, at www.facebook.com/cynthiaruchtireaderpage, or in the kitchen, brewing herself another cup of tea.
 
 I have said this before but I think I will say it again I'm Cynthia's biggest fan.
I am not so sure that Cynthia wrote this book, it has her name on the cover but it just does not sound like her voice.
I had a very hard time getting into the book and the writing was sluggish to say the least, I stuck with it and read the whole book I just has to know where Greg was and why he had left his wife Libby. But it did get better towards the end.
If you to are a fan of Cynthia's and have not read this book please get a copy read it stick with it until you get to the end, then let me know what you think of it.
I gave this book 3.5 stars but I'm glad I read it all.
I was given a copy of this book by the publisher for my honest review.

8 comments:

  1. This book sounds Awesome !! Blessings ,DanaGirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the review, but I trust your opinions and I don't think that I would like to read this book. Thanks Mary for your honest reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may pass this one up. Thank you for the review

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I read this book before but it has been a while. The cover looks different though. I don't think I cared for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After reading your review I may pass on this one. Thank you for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great honest review. When it takes so long to get into a book I feel as though I am wasting my time.

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is disappointing because this is one wife's favorite authors. Thank you for this honest review.

    ReplyDelete