Friday, December 4, 2015

20 Things We'd Tell our Twenty-Something Selves By Kelli & Peter Worrall



Foster good habits. Press into pain. Never, ever get another perm.
Despite what many think, our twenties aren’t that dead space between youth and real life. Done right, they can be among our most important years.
In 20 Things Wed Tell Our Twentysomething Selves, Peter and Kelli Worrall look back on it all—the good, the bad, and the miserable—to give you the best of what they’ve learned. With humility, warmth, and brilliant storytelling, they invite you not only into their wisdom but into their very lives, sharing about marriage, faith, drawn-out adoptions, dark nights of the soul, and the God who’s in it all.
20 Things is more than a list of advice; it’s a book that can change your life. Let the trend of your twenties be sowing wisdom, and who knows what the rest of life will bring?Includes action steps, discussion questions, and ideas for further reading at the end of each chapter.

Pick up your copy here...



Kelli Worrall is Professor of Communication at Moody Bible Institute, Chicago. She's also a writer and a speaker. She blogs at www.thisoddhouse.org.
You can find out more about Kelli and her husband/coauthor Peter at www.peterandkelli.com.
Kelli received a B.S. in Communication from Cedarville University, a Masters degree in Religious Education from Trinity International University, and an MFA in Creative Writing from Roosevelt University.
Kelli and husband Peter live in McHenry, Illinois, with their two children, Daryl and Amelia.
 Peter Worrall is Associate Professor of Education at The Moody Bible Institute in Chicago, IL. He speaks at churches, camps, and Christian schools. His particular interests are education, spiritual formation, worldview and biblical theology. He lives in McHenry, Illinois, with his wife Kelli and two children, Daryl and Amelia. 

Boy do I wish I had this book of wisdom when I was in my twenties.
This book is full of wisdom and is very inspirational.
This couple shares some stories that we all need to hear. Great Christian insight that's very uplifting, not at all pushy or condemning.
Pick up a copy of this book for that twenty-something in your life.
I gave this book 4 stars and I recommend this book.
I was given a copy of this book by Wynn Wynn Media for my honest review. 

11 comments:

  1. I am in my twenties so I let the author give me his wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love books that are uplifting. There are times I can use good Christian wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Jean you are the WINNER ! I will get your book right to you!

      Delete
  3. I am well above my twenties but I have a daughter that is in her teens that could use this book of wisdom before she hits her twenties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to read this before I hit my thirties. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will read this and see if I can pull some sunday school lessons out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish that I had a book like this when I was in my twenties. Great review Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm way to old for this book but it will sure make a great gift for some of the girls at church. Thanks Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed your review of this book, Mary. I don't have anyone in mind that I could buy this book for. Everyone is way older or way younger!

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like a very helpful book! Wish I would have had it back in the day! Thanks Mary! Enjoy all of your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Although I'm older I believe this will be an interesting read

    ReplyDelete