Friday, June 23, 2017

Un-Common By Carey Scott




Uncommon is a battle cry for women to step out of the ordinary and live differently.
It's a blueprint for a life full of passion and purpose. And it has the power to change everything.
     
Carey Scott, author, speaker, and certified Biblical Life Coach, invites you to journey alongside her as she introduces you to women from the Word who chose to live uncommon lives even in the toughest circumstances. From stepping into scandalous situations to breaking cultural norms to risking the departure of a comfortable life, you will discover hope and motivation to live God’s way in a world that screams, “Tuck your faith away! Just be normal like everyone else!”

Now more than ever, it's time to step into something new. . .something life-changing and life-giving. God is asking you to shine Him into a world that needs to know there is a better way to live. And when you say yes to becoming uncommon, it's a radical act of obedience to the One who created you to be extraordinary.  Uncommon offers personal stories, insights, life lessons, questions for further reflection, and biblical support written especially for women.

With authenticity, vulnerability, humor, refreshing boldness and anchored in the Beatitudes, Uncommon will empower you to rise up. . .to reject the common. . .to embrace your calling. . . and to live in a way that points others to God. Buckle up, friend. It's time to be uncommon.


Pick up your copy here...
 
 
 
Carey Scott is an author, speaker, and life coach, honest about her walk with the Lord… stumbles, fumbles and all. Her passion is reminding women of their immeasurable worth, something the world is quick to discount. She speaks to women’s groups and writes about the issues that matter most to the heart of a woman.

Carey lives in Northern Colorado with her husband and two kids where she tries to be domestic, and appreciates the grace when she’s not. You can learn more by visiting her website and blog at CareyScott.org, or by tracking her down at the closest Starbucks.

My Thoughts
What a powerful read, From the very first page. Scott lets us know that it's okay to be Uncommon and live a different life as Christians we are to do this. Scott gives you  great advice on how to do this and lets us know it's okay. Stand out from the crowd and be proud to.
You will love the personal stories that Scott shares with us. This is a much need read for ALL of us.
I held on to every word and let is sink in. Scripture is all through this book and it is so easy to understand what Scott is saying.
This book gives you the opportunity to be a life changer.  And this book gives you the power to change.
I really feel like everyone needs to read this book.
I gladly gave this book 4 stars. I recommend it.
The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are my own.

15 comments:

  1. This sounds like a book that could encourage and change lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your review. This is a book that I will be adding to my bookself. I need to do a Bible study with it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a much needed book it sounds like. I enjoyed your review. Thanks for sharing Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could tell from our review how excited you were and how much you liked this book. So that leads me to going and getting me a copy to read. I always pay attention to that review to see if I should spend my money on a book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary first let me say I liked your review. I want to be a life changer, I want to bring more people to Jesus and I want to stand a part from others. Going to go get my copy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be getting my wife a copy. This sounds like one many will benefit from.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one I need to add to my list for sure. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would really love to get my hands on a copy of this one right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am really intrigued by this book, it sounds like it might be just what I am needing to read right now. For such a time is this. He is always one time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, You are the WINNER! I will get your book right out to you!

      Delete
  10. This sounds like a book that I definitely need to read! Thanks Mary for bringing it to my attention!

    ReplyDelete