Friday, July 14, 2017

Abiding Mercy By Ruth Reid




Faith faces an impossible situation: Should she do the right thing and bring heartache to nearly everyone she knows or deny her true self and always wonder . . . what if?
Sixteen-year-old Faith has worked full-time in her parents’ restaurant since she finished eighth grade. She loves her Amish community—and the romantic attentions of her longtime friend, Gideon.
When her sister seems to be getting too friendly with Englischers, and her parents are in a buggy accident, Faith wants to escape into her dream of joining the church and getting married.
But then a local newspaper runs a story about a child named Adriana who was kidnapped fifteen years earlier, and everything Faith has held true comes into question.
Suddenly the community Faith has known her whole life seems unreal. Can she even trust her own family? And how will she ever find home again if she no longer belongs in the world she knows best?

Pick up your copy here...



Ruth Reid is a CBA and ECPA best-selling author of the Heaven on Earth series. She's a full-time pharmacist who lives in Florida with her husband and three children. When attending Ferris State University School of Pharmacy in Big Rapids, Michigan, she lived on the outskirts of an Amish community and had several occasions to visit the Amish farms. Her interest grew into love as she saw the beauty in living a simple life.

My Thoughts...
I was hooked from the very first chapter. Of course I am very picky when it comes to reading Amish books. While I am a huge Amish fiction fan a lot of the authors have lost their way and are writing the same stories over and over with different characters. So I tend to only read the authors that come up with unique stories. Reid is one of the few I still read. Not a dull storyline or the same ole story rewritten.   
In  An Amish Mercies series you will connect with the characters even the ones that you don't care to much for.
 The tension between Faith and her sister makes this a must read, you have to read it to find out what is going on with these two.
I must say this was a 5 star book. I recommend it.
The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are our own.

21 comments:

  1. I'm heading to the library today with a long list I am adding this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new series just what I need this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie, You are the WINNER! I will send your book right out to you!

      Delete
  3. I won't mind it if the it is different than other Amish stories. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have loved her past books so I will be glad to read this one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've decided that I am done with the Amish books just all the same to me any more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had swore off Amish Fiction, but your review has me thinking I will give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My wife will be happy to hear Ruth Reid has another book out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been so apprehensive about spending my money on Amish books because like you said they are all the same now. None of them seem to hook me like they did years ago. I might try this one and see how I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you Mary, most of them had started writing about the same 'ol same 'ol and was starting to be very predictable but since you gave this one a 5 star, it has me wanting to read it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review. I just finished this yesterday and it's a 5 star rating from me as well. It's not the same old same old and that's a good thing. Here's my review if you're interested. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2025010088?book_show_action=false&from_review_page=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deanne for sharing! I'm heading to your blog now.

      Delete
    2. That was a great review and I agreed with it 100%!

      Delete
  11. I love Amish and love discovering new-to-me authors. This fits the bill :-) Great review, thanks for sharing, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My review will be posted soon! I loved this book and absolutely agree with your review!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amish books are so nice to read. Thank you for sharing, Mary! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  14. O my goodness I would love to read this one !!!!! Love Amish ,DanaGirl

    ReplyDelete