Friday, November 3, 2017

Murder in Disguise By Donn Taylor




Official verdict: Suicide. 

But why would that vigorous department chairman kill himself? To avoid disgrace? Those rumored ventures on the dark side? Some other secret life? Visiting professor Preston Barclay wonders. But his questions bring no answers, only anonymous threats. He has enough problems already, proving himself on a strange campus while radical faculty do all they can to undermine him. Worse yet, that sexy siren assigned as his assistant complicates his courtship of the beautiful Mara Thorn. 

While Press keeps asking questions, Mara's research reveals a cancer of criminal activity that permeates the community and even the campus itself. The more Press questions, the more dangerous the threats against him become, and the more determined he grows to clear his friend's name. 

But can Press and Mara's stumbling efforts prevail against the entrenched forces of the police, the campus radicals, and an unseen but powerful criminal organization that increasingly puts their lives in danger…? 

Pick up your copy here...
 
 
Donn Taylor led an Infantry rifle platoon in the Korean War, served with Army aviation in Vietnam, and worked with air reconnaissance in Europe and Asia. Afterwards, he completed a PhD at The University of Texas and taught English literature at two liberal arts colleges. Now retired from college teaching, he writes suspense and mystery fiction as well as literary poetry designed for the ordinary reader. He is a frequent speaker at writers' conferences and study groups. He lives near Houston, TX, where he continues to write fiction, poetry, and essays on ethics and U.S. foreign policy. 

My Thoughts...
 
This is the second book that I have read by Taylor and I am just not a fan of this series for some reason.
I had a very hard time  getting into this book it was slow and all over the place.
I will be honest, I am very funny about a story flowing from the beginning so when it does not I am lost for the rest of the book.
I gave this book 3 stars.
The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are our own.

15 comments:

  1. I think I will pass on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to the library today, I can't wait to see if they have all the books on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mary, for all of your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mandy, you are the WINNER! I will get your book right out to you!

      Delete
  4. Well you have honest reviews to save us from buying books that we wont like. That is why I keep coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe not one that we will want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a fan of murder/mystery so I think I will pass on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to give this one a try. Thank you, Mary for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I have this on my Kindle. I haven't been sure about it so I haven't read it yet. Thanks for sharing your thoughts Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a fan of this type of book and am having trouble getting into it for my review :(

    ReplyDelete