Thursday, December 14, 2017

Turtles in the Road By Rhonda Rhea




Sometimes a detour takes you exactly where you need to be.

Piper Cope was so sure the Lord called her to be a pastor’s wife. So when her pastor/fiancĂ© breaks it off, she’s every kind of puzzled. Does God even have a purpose for her anymore? On the road halfway between the bridges she’s burned and some kind of new start, she encounters the most unexpected detour. She swerves on a rainy road to miss a turtle and ends up in a ditch with an airbag to the face. Now stuck in this little town, she wonders how in the world she could’ve gotten her God-signals so very crossed. And how in the world is she supposed to know what He wants her to do now? In the meantime, at least the community center guy, Jay Marler, has her working a temporary job there. Problem is, somehow she’s coaching a children’s basketball team. She does not…basketball. And she certainly does not children.

Pick up your copy here...
https://www.amazon.com/Turtles-Road-Novel-Rhonda-Rhea/dp/1946708038/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=



Rhonda Rhea is an author, speaker and TV personality who says, "a good psychosis is a terrible thing to waste." She says she's milked hers--even as a Bible teacher. Rhonda is a funny lady who speaks at conferences and events nationwide.

Anyone interested in writing and speaking? Rhonda advises to have five kids. "They're not cheap but they're a great source of material." Her five are now grown but she says they're still providing great content for her books, speaking events and radio and TV appearances.

Rhonda works with Christian Television Network's KNLJ in Jefferson City, Missouri and WHTN in Nashville, Tennessee. She is a pastor's wife, happily married and living in the St. Louis area. She is a humor columnist for many magazines and is the author of 12 books, 11 nonfiction--including the new co-authored project with Beth Duewel titled, FIX-HER-UPPER. She also has a brand new, super-fun fiction project co-authored with her daughter, Kaley Rhea. It's a hilarious Christian romantic comedy called, TURTLES IN THE ROAD. Rhonda says she will keep cranking the books out as long as the Lord allows. --And the psychoses hold out.

My Thoughts...

Looking for a fast fun read? This is just that a fun fast read. Rhea has written a humorous clean read that is perfect for this time of year.
You can read it in one sitting and it will lift you up and cheer you up.
I gave this book 4 stars and I hope that you give it a try.
 The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are our own.

15 comments:

  1. This is a new author that I have never heard of. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds really good. I need a funny book to read right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of this one. I like that cover. It sounds like one that I would like to read. I am adding it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My wife needs a pick me up, this has been a hard week at the hospital. I will see what she thinks about this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon, you are the Winner! I will get your book right out to you!

      Delete
  5. I collect turtles so I want this book for the cover alone, if for no other reason.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is not an author I have heard of she is new. I want to see if I like her funny books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm.....never heard of this author but this sounds like a fun book that I would enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a new author to me. Cute cover.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE Basketball! Did I say.....I LOVE Basketball!!!! Sounds like a winner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute cover! I would like to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, thanks so much for the review! Kaley Rhea and I are a mother/daughter team--both a bit mental, but we think we're hilarious, heh heh heh. Oh man. We had so much fun writing this book. It's actually published by a traditional house, Bold Vision Books, AND (drum roll) we have the next under contract. YES! And GULP. Anyhoo, you're just the best to review our first novel--and please let us know if there's ever anything WE can do for YOU! Catch me at rhondarhea.com. BLESSINGS TO YOU!!

    ReplyDelete