Thursday, April 19, 2018

The Pirate Bride By Kathleen Y'Barbo




Can a former privateer and a determined heiress find lost treasure in 1725?A brand new series for fans of all things related to history, romance, adventure, faith, and family trees.


 
Pasts Collide in New Orleans when a Treasure Goes Missing
The last time New Orleans attorney Jean-Luc Valmont saw Maribel Cordoba, a Spanish nobleman’s daughter, she was an eleven-year-old orphan perched in the riggings of his privateering vessel proving herself as the best lookout on his crew. Until the day his infamy caught up with them all and innocent lives were lost. Unsure why he survived but vowing to make something of the chance he was given, Jean-Luc has buried his past life so deep that no living person will ever find it—until a very much alive and very grown up Maribel Cordoba arrives on his doorstep and threatens all he now holds dear.

Pick up your copy here...
https://www.amazon.com/Pirate-Bride-Daughters-Mayflower-Book/dp/1683224973/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1523574718&sr=1-1&keywords=The+Pirate+Bride+By+Kathleen+Y%27Barbo


A certified paralegal and tenth generation Texan, Kathleen has also been nominated for a Career Achievement Award as well a Reader's Choice Award and several Top Picks by Romantic Times magazine. To find out more about Kathleen or connect with her through social media, check out her website at www.kathleenybarbo.com.

My Thoughts...

I could not get into this book. The characters were dry and not well put together, never mind that the romance did not take place until almost the end of the story. 
The story felt rushed and the authors storytelling was not up to par.
I hate that I did not like this book in the Daughters of the Mayflower series.
I also hate that I had to give this book 2 stars, it was not MY cup of tea. Be on the lookout for my review of the next book in this series, you don't want to miss it.
The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are our own.

12 comments:

  1. I love your honest reviews, we always know what to read and what to pass on. Thanks Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you and Beeman are doing well. Can't wait to see you both soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never even heard of this author before. Does not sound like one I would read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry that you did not like this one. I for one have never heard of this author. I have enough good books on my list to get at my library.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will pass on this one. Thanks for your honest review Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your honest review, Mary. I have not read a KY book. Hope her others are better.

    ReplyDelete