Sunday, May 5, 2019

One Year ago This Week...





It has been one year ago this week that we unexpectedly lost our only daughter. So I am asking all of my followers to do something in memory of Linda this week. As you are thinking about her this week and praying for AJ and I . I would like to ask you to PAY IT FORWARD. Linda was a very giving person. So When you stop to get gas this week pay for someones gas. When You go buy a cup of coffee pay for someones coffee. When going to the store and you see a parking space up front give it to the person behind you. Pay for the person behind you in the store.
I know some of you are saying I don't have the money to do this. Then as Linda would say do something for some one. Mow their grass, go over and wash their car. Give them a stack of books. Mail someone a card just because. Send some flowers to someone to brighten their day. 

 There are so many things that you can do in memory of Linda this week. Offer to watch someones kids for a night. Just know that Linda was a very giving person and this is what she would have loved to see.
I plan on taking books to parks and leaving them for kids to find. I plan to get out of bed this week with the mindset that everyday I am going to do something for someone else. 





People keep telling me it will get easier everyday. Well I am here to tell those people it has NOT gotten any easier it is a struggle everyday to go on without our baby girl. 
I just think about what she would want, and I know that it is to PAY IT FORWARD in her memory. You don't need to come over here and post a comment about what you did. Just do something in her memory that would make her smile if she were still here with us.

Thank you to all of you who still one year later call me and check on me send me cards and especially those of you who send me books every week so that I can escape reality a little bit each day. You all know that I love you and I am very thankful for those books and for you in my life. 

15 comments:

  1. Extra hugs for you and AJ this week Mary. This is a great idea to honor Linda's memory. I will see what I can do for someone else. Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it has been a year since we lost her. I still catch myself daily wanting to call her and tell her about something I just saw or a movie that is coming out. There are many things I want to do to remember her. Maybe see someone in a restaurant that looks like they need a free meal and pay for their meal without them knowing. Linda loved to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful tribute to Linda. I will be doing some pay it forward this week in her name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We would expect nothing less than a post like this from you and AJ. Always giving and doing for others. Stay in the bed this week and getaway in good books. So thankful that you have Molly there to make sure that you have books to read. Linda s missed be so many. I love you and AJ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my darling Sister, this is a perfect way to honor sweet Linda. I know she is smiling down on you. I plan do a lot of Paying It Forward this week in her memory. I will whisper to her when I do and thank her for having such and amazing mom who I am blessed to call my sister. I love you to the moon and back-always and forever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no words it does not seem like a year already. And no it will never get easier for you. She was your only child and you saw her everyday. Please do something for your self this week. I love you and I am sending you (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no words for this post. It shows your heart. That's all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will be praying for you. No quite sure how I would cope in your situation. I think paying it forward is a wonderful way to remember your daughter. Will definitely do this, Hugs and lots of prayers coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know how you are still going. But you have come out of this a strong person. Just keep doing what you have been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sad, it has already been a year. My book-girl has been through it but she is stronger than ever. I love you and I thank you for this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am new to this blog and after reading this my heart is just reeling with sadness for you Mary. I can't believe that you are still working for the authors and publishers after what you have had to endure. I am a mom and I just don't know what to say. I will be doing acts of kindness this week in memory of your sweet daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It seems fitting that this blog would go viral. All that you do and all the worry you have to get your numbers up so that lots of eyes are seeing the new books coming. I hope that every person that reads this shares it and this week you are made proud by this post and what others are doing in your daughters honor.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mary, Of course, you know I have been praying for you. But I love this idea, because those of us who care about you and your hubby didn't really have a way to be part of the solution. I will do what I can in Linda's memory to bless others, that will make me feel as if I am doing something to help you through. Love and prayers always! Christina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Being a mother of a daughter, I am so sad every time that I think about what you went through. You have been there for my daughter and helped me out to much. I hope that this week hurries by and you can just find a place to go that you can find little bit of peace.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I felt lead to leave a comment, I wanted you to know you are in so many peoples thoughts everyday. You need to know that you are loved.

    ReplyDelete