Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Reinventing Jenna Rose By Joni Marie Iraci




Reinventing Jenna Rose propels the reader on a fast-paced journey through the life of a young woman who’s determined to realize her self-worth and overcome a childhood broken by multiple traumas. Left alone after her parent’s divorce, Jenna uncovers evidence of a grandmother living in New York City. Without telling a soul she decides to board a plane and travel across country, landing on the Manhattan doorstep of her affluent maternal grandmother. A street-smart New York neighbor girl, a quirky therapist, a white German Shepherd and a story-telling grandmother, join forces to help Jenna overcome the hardships of her past and the shattering family secrets that soon come to light. This sad, funny, quirky novel is infused with humor and literary references while relating a multi-generational family saga and legal thriller in the voice of a courageous young woman.

Pick up your copy here...
 https://www.amazon.com/Reinventing-Jenna-Rose-Marie-Iraci/dp/0999137042/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Reinventing+Jenna+Rose&qid=1561417847&s=gateway&sr=8-1





I am a retired Registered Nurse who raised three children before returning to college in my late fifties to pursue a life-long dream of becoming a writer. I earned a bachelor’s degree in liberal studies with a concentration in writing and literature from Sarah Lawrence College before earning an MFA in creative writing from Columbia University at the age of 66. My short stories can be found in online literary journals: ReviewAmericana.com and BeneaththeRainbow.com. I am currently working on a collection of short stories about writers, a novel called, “The Vatican Daughter,” and a work in progress Science fiction story called, “Mercury in Retrograde.” I live in New York with my husband, two catered to dogs, a diva cat and the four lovable stray cats who wandered into my life. My first novel, “Reinventing Jenna Rose” was published by Fat Dog Books Inc. and is now available on Amazon.com.

My Thoughts...
Victim or survivor You read and decide which one Jenna is.
I read this book very fast and was very impressed with the story and how Iraci portrayed it on paper. It was as if watching it play out on the big screen.
Women you don't want to miss this 4 star read this summer.
 The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are our own.

3 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this author before. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this one. Might have to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to read this, sounds just like my kind of read.

    ReplyDelete