Tuesday, January 23, 2018

The Mayflower Bride By Kimberley Woodhouse




Can a religious separatist and an opportunistic spy make it in the New World?
A brand new series for fans of all things related to history, romance, adventure, faith, and family trees.

Mary Elizabeth Chapman boards the Speedwell in 1620 as a Separatist seeking a better life in the New World. William Lytton embarks on the Mayflower as a carpenter looking for opportunities to succeed—and he may have found one when a man from the Virginia Company offers William a hefty sum to keep a stealth eye on company interests in the new colony. The season is far too late for good sailing and storms rage, but reaching land is no better as food is scarce and the people are weak. Will Mary Elizabeth survive to face the spring planting and unknown natives? Will William be branded a traitor and expelled?

Join the adventure as the Daughters of the Mayflower series begins with The Mayflower Bride by Kimberley Woodhouse.

More to come in the Daughters of the Mayflower series:
The Mayflower Bride by Kimberley Woodhouse – set 1620 Atlantic Ocean (February 2018)
The Pirate Bride by Kathleen Y’Barbo – set 1725 New Orleans (April 2018)
The Captured Bride by Michelle Griep – set 1760 during the French and Indian War (June 2018)
The Patriot Bride by Kimberley Woodhouse – set 1774 Philadelphia (August 2018)?
The Cumberland Bride by Shannon McNear – set 1794 on the Wilderness Road (October 2018)
The Liberty Bride by MaryLu Tyndall – set 1814 Baltimore (December 2018)

Pick up your copy here...
https://www.amazon.com/Mayflower-Bride-Daughters-book/dp/1683224191/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1516658286&sr=8-1&keywords=the+mayflower+bride



Kimberley Woodhouse is the best-selling and award-winning author of more than a dozen books. She is a wife, mother, author, and musician with a quick wit and positive outlook despite difficult circumstances. A popular speaker, she's shared at more than 2,000 venues across the country. Kimberley and her family's story have garnered national media attention for many years including ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, The Montel Williams Show, Discovery Health channel's Mystery ER, The Hour of Power, The Harvest Show, and over 1,000 other TV appearances and radio interviews. She lives and writes in Colorado with her husband of twenty-five years and their two amazing kids. kimberleywoodhouse.com
Find Kim on twitter and facebook:
twitter.com/kimwoodhouse
author fan page Kimberley Woodhouse

My Thoughts...

I was a little disappointed with this book after being so excited about it.
In my opinion this was not researched very well which made it hard to get into. I wish the time period had been better researched I should say.
Aside from that it would have been a good story had it been researched a little better. The Characters were good and the romance sweet. 
I gave this book 3 stars but I cant wait to read the next book in this series  The Daughters of the Mayflower. Each book in this series has a different author.
The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are our own.

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like this series has the potential to be good books but after reading Mary's review, I think I will pass on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that you did not like this one. Not every book is for everyone. I love your truth in your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been seeing a lot about this series, was wondering about it. really glad you shared your opinion about it, money is tight I only want to buy really good books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that I will check my library for this one, if they have it maybe I can enjoy it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate when I'm excited about a new book and it turns out to be a dud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just say on to the next book. Sorry about this one Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's refreshing and nice to know that you give honest reviews. Not every book is a book for you. we all like different books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will pass on this one. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your honest review, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good review! I love your honesty in it. My review will be posted in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this time period, I would be interested in reading this one and more Christian fiction from it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have opportunity to read and review this one through Barbor publishing, I'm just waiting for it to arrive. Thanks for the honest review, Mary. I'm going to make my own judgement on it once I finish :-) I agree with other comments that not every book is for every person and we each have our own tastes.

    I'm looking forward to this series put out by different authors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I will pass on this book. Thank you for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd read it .Blessings ,DanaGirl

    ReplyDelete
  15. This does not sound like it's for me either.

    ReplyDelete