Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Return to Christmas By Kathi Macias



Return to Christmas beautifully blends the two struggling worlds of a former marine and a little boy with attachment disorder. Former Marine Chet is having a hard time adjusting to civilian life. He doesn't need help. He needs employment. He doesn't have issues. The little boy his friends adopted has issues. But there is something about that little boy that draws him. Will the events leading up to this Christmas be able to melt his soldier heart or will he spiral into a dark depression?

Pick up your copy here...


Multiple award-winning author Kathi Macias’s more than 40 books include the “Quilt” series, the award-winning “Freedom” series, and the “Extreme Devotion” novels for New Hope Publishers. Her devotionals reach hundreds of thousands—through the Christian Civic League, Black Christian News, Latino Christian News, Christians in Recovery, and crosswalk.com. The Excellence in Media Angel Award, San Diego Christian Writers Guild fiction awards, Golden Scroll Novel of the Year (Red Ink), Carol Award finalist (Red Ink), 2011 Author of the Year for BooksandAuthors.net, and an international writing contest grand prize are some of her credits. A popular speaker for women’s retreats, conferences, churches, and TV and radio programs, Kathi also loves outreach to prison and homeless ministries, and praying for and aiding the persecuted church globally. A mother and grandmother, Kathi lives with husband, Al, in California.

I am a huge fan of Macias', I have read every one of her books and I loved them all. With that said here goes. The negative first..... This book was way to short for my liking. I wanted more of the Chet and Ryan relationship. I loved the whole book from beginning to ending the ending was fantastic.
This is just the kind of book you want to read this time of year. Love and forgiveness are both themes in this book.
Very well written and moving.
I gave this book 5 stars two times. I HIGHLY recommend this book. Put this under someone you loves Christmas Tree.
I was given a copy of this book as a gift. 

17 comments:

  1. Oh Yeah A Christmas book! I'm ready for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like this one too !!!!!!!!!!!! Blessings DanaGirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like this one too !!!!!!!!!!!! Blessings DanaGirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a Christmas book. This time of the year is so wonderful. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like I will really enjoy this one. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Christmas and I love romance so I know I will love this book. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Advise taken I will by this one for my wife and put it under the Christmas tree. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like a winner to me. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wake up every morning with a smile excited to see the next book you are sharing. You never disappoint. Looks like I have another one to buy. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read all of Kathi's books but I have read many. She is a fantastic writer and her books always tug at my heart. I am looking forward to reading this one!

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all for your kind comments and for allowing me to have a place on your blog. Blessings to each and every one of you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never read any of this author, but I want to now. Thanks for your review Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love reading her books and this one sounds like a fantastic read also! Thank you again Mary for your honest reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Kathi's writing style. Great review, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nothing better than a soldier and a little boy through God's plan at work to help heal two hurting souls just in time for Christmas.
    jennydtipton at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this story line, thanks for your wonderful review - Mary!!

    bonnieroof60(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete