Friday, June 22, 2018

Once Upon a Farm By Rory Feek



Now raising their four-year-old daughter, Indiana, alone, after Joey’s passing, Rory Feek digs deeper into the soil of his life and the unusual choices he and his wife, Joey, made together and the ones he’s making now to lead his family into the future.
When Rory Feek and his older daughters moved into a run-down farmhouse almost twenty years ago, he had no idea of the almost fairy-tale love story that was going to unfold on that small piece of Tennessee land . . . and the lessons he and his family would learn along the way.
Now two years after Joey’s passing, as Rory takes their four-year-old daughter Indiana’s hand and walks forward into an unknown future, he takes readers on his incredible journey from heartbreak to hope and, ultimately, the kind of healing that comes only through faith.
A raw and vulnerable look deeper into Rory’s heart, Once Upon a Farm is filled with powerful stories of love, life, and hope and the insights that one extraordinary, ordinary man in bib overalls has gleamed along the way.
As opposed to homesteading, this is instead a book on lifesteading as Rory learns to cultivate faith, love, and fatherhood on a small farm while doing everything, at times, but farming. With frequent stories of his and Joey’s years together, and how those guide his life today, Rory unpacks just what it means to be open to new experiences.
“This isn’t a how-to book; it’s more of a how we, or more accurately, how He, God, planted us on a few acres of land and grew something bigger than Joey or I could have ever imagined.”

Pick up your copy here...
https://www.amazon.com/Once-Upon-Farm-Lessons-Frontier/dp/0785216723/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1528772968&sr=1-1&keywords=once+upon+a+farm+feek&dpID=51JHur1z5XL&preST=_SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_&dpSrc=srch

My name is Rory. I wear overalls most all of the time, but I’m not a farmer... yet. I love old cars, old farmhouses, old people, and pretty much anything nostalgic or that has character. I’m 51 years old on the outside and in my mid 20′s down deep. I am a believer who’s dreams have taken me places I’ve never imagined. I’m also a Believer, that has a long long way to go. I want to live a great story. I want to be a better man. I film. I write. I show up. God does the rest.

My wife: I am married to the greatest woman that I’ve ever known. Her name is Joey. She has the voice of an angel and the heart of a saint. She is why I’m me. We have been married almost 14 years and God has given us an incredible love story. Not just how we began.. but now, today... even without her here by my side. That love story is still unfolding as our hold our little one's had and turn the pages. I want to out-love and out-serve my wife, but it is impossible.

My children: I have two daughters, no wait… I have three daughters. Our two oldest, Heidi and Hopie are grown and making their way in this world. Our youngest, Indiana, is two years old and she helps me to make sense of this world. Indy has down syndrome. I think Hopie has up syndrome (she’s always happy). Heidi’s got film and music syndrome (she’s an aspiring filmmaker and singer/songwriter). All my children are good and perfect gifts from above.

My life: I live on a small farm about an hour south of Nashville Tennessee. We have two horses, some chickens, cats and a dog named Ranger. Joey and I spent the last eight years making music, traveling all over the world singing and performing for people, making a television show at home and working hard on our dreams. We took a year off in 2014 to search for something better. To simplify, and be with our family and friends, and to homestead. We don’t have a television and don’t want one. For a year, we traded our iPhones in for flip-phones and starting to talk to people again. We love our life.

My blog: I’m a songwriter who isn’t writing songs right now, so Joey encouraged me to write about our lives instead. So at the beginning of 2014, I started blogging about and filming the little and big moments in our life as they happened.. I didn’t know why at the time. I do now.

Post by AJ

This is a must read book. You are sure to love it if you have been following Joey and Rory's story.

9 comments:

  1. I love Rory. Everytime I see Indy on instagram she makes me smile and is such a blessing. I will be getting this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this one is going on my must have list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want this book. It is sad to see what he has endured but I must say he is a strong individual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. His story always gives me hope! I want to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a book that I can't wait to read! Thank you so much Mary for this review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will get this from my library. Thank you for the post AJ.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished this book, Mary! Was intense in certain parts..

    ReplyDelete