Monday, November 12, 2012

A Christmas Home By Greg Kincaid

Todd McCray, hero of A Dog Named Christmas, is now twenty-four years old and working at a local animal shelter, where he meets and quickly becomes best friends with Laura, a young volunteer. Laura, like Todd, has disabilities of her own, but her struggles are more physical than developmental. Their friendship is sealed when Todd—with the help of his trusted companion, the tenacious Labrador retriever named Christmas—trains a beautiful dog named Gracie to help Laura with the day-to-day life tasks that are difficult for her.
            Life seems good for Todd, but all is not well in his hometown. Struggling families unable to make ends meet are abandoning more and more dogs, and the shelter is swelling to capacity.  The local government is struggling to meet its obligations too, and in early December, on the cusp of another holiday season, Todd’s boss delivers the bad news.  Due to funding problems, the shelter will close its doors before the end of the year.  But what will happen to all the animals? 
   As the Christmas holiday approaches, Todd has limited time to find homes for all the dogs. Not to mention that he needs to secure a new job and figure out what to do when his friendship with Laura takes an unexpected romantic turn. All this seems overwhelming unless you’ve got a loving family, dedicated friends, and a couple of very special dogs behind you. In which case, nothing is impossible.
 
Pick up a copy here


Greg Kincaid, author of A Dog Named Christmas and Christmas with Tucker, is a practicing lawyer who specializes in family law mediation. He is also an active advocate for literacy and for the humane treatment of animals. He helped to start the Foster a Lonely Pet for the Holidays program that has found homes for tens of thousands of shelter dogs. The father of five children, he lives on a farm in western Johnson County, Kansas, with his wife, two cats and two dogs.
 
I LOVE dogs as most of you know. I would be lost with out my Yorkie Luke, so  when the publisher sent me a copy of this book I was so excited to read it.
This is a book you will not put down until the very last page.  It was such a fun read. I plan I buying copies for friends of mine, who love dogs as much as me.
Todd is a character that you take to heart and fall in love with instantly.
I love a book with a happy ending.
This is a must read, I highly recommend this 5 star book

12 comments:

  1. Sound like it would be a good read ! Blessings ,Dana "Girl" Spille

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read A Dog Named Christmas and loved it! I can't wait to read the continuing story in A Christmas Home. I had to have my beloved Max, a golden lab/retriever mix, put to sleep 12 years ago. I have his paw prints and picture by my fireplace. I loved that dog. I've yearned for another but the time hasn't been right yet.

    Thanks for your review Mary and giveaway!

    Blessings!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas and dogs what more could you ask for. I loved the movie A Dog Named Christmas. My Pom Lilly is my hero. I know this book will be moved to the top of my wish list.
    Thank you Mary. You have had so many great books that you have reviewed lately. I appreciate all your hard work

    Cathy Weber
    Cdweber20@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read this book so bad! Thank you for the review

    ReplyDelete
  5. This books sounds very good. We have to wonderful spoiled dogs. They are just like our children. Don't know what we'd do without them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love dogs and I love Christmas so this is right up my ally I will have to get me a copy of this book. I love your reviews so much. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James, you are the winner! E-mail me your mailing address themaryreader@yahoo.com

      Delete
    2. Congrats James!

      Blessings!
      Judy

      Delete
  7. I'm a crazy cat lady myself, but there are dogs in my life, 3 granddogs to be exact. I love Christmas stories, and I think that when pets are written in as characters it lends a warmth and comforting aspect to the story. Thanks for a wonderful review, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this review and I want to go get a copy of this book, thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww dogs and Christmas perfect. I have 5 dogs so this is a book I would love to read. Thanks for sharing this one

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love dogs and I love Christmas books.So this is the perfect book for me.Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete