Wednesday, October 22, 2014

At Bluebonnet Lake By Amanda Cabot



Marketing maven Kate Sherwood's world is fast-paced, challenging, and always changing. The last thing she wants to do is slow down to a crawl at Rainbow's End, a dilapidated resort in the Texas Hill Country. But she cannot deny her ailing grandmother's request to visit the place where she and her deceased husband spent one glorious week (albeit fifty years ago). There Kate meets Greg Vange, the resort's handyman. But there's more to Greg than meets the eye--billions more, in fact, as he recently sold his successful software company and is at the resort in search of what's next for his life.
Kate isn't looking for romance, but she can't deny the sparks of attraction that fly every time she and Greg are together. She even starts to see potential in the rundown resort. Could there be a future there? Or will Kate's long-sought promotion take her back to the big city?

Pick up your copy here
 
With both parents avid readers, it's no surprise that Amanda Cabot learned to read at an early age. From there it was only a small step to deciding to become a writer. Of course, deciding and becoming are two different things, as she soon discovered. Fortunately for the world, her first attempts at fiction, which included a play for her fifth grade class entitled "All About Thermometers," were not published, but she did meet her goal of selling a novel by her thirtieth birthday. Since then she's sold more than twenty five novels under a variety of pseudonyms. When she's not writing, Amanda enjoys sewing, cooking and - of course - reading.
 
Get ready to take a vacation like never before to a resort like none other in this latest masterpiece by Amanda Cabot.
I fell in love with the characters Kate, Greg, Grandma Sally and Roy. They felt like part of my family and I connected with Carmen on a foodie level.
I wanted to be at Bluebonnet so bad, reading this book was the much needed vacation that I needed. I hated to see the book end. I did however LOVE the ending.
I gave this book 5 stars two times and Highly recommend this book.
I was given a copy of this book by the publisher for my honest review.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good book. I haven't read anything by this author. She is new to me. Great review Mary!

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a book that I would enjoy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great review that makes me want to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds fantastic! I think this will surely be a must read for me. Thank you so much for telling us about this one, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you enjoyed this one a lot. I too, would love to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Mary for this good review. I would love to win Amanda's book. Thanks for the chance. Maxie > mac262(at)me(dot)com <

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for taking the time to read and review my book. Of course I'm delighted that you enjoyed it enough to give it a five star rating and hope you're looking forward to the next in the series.

    ReplyDelete