Thursday, October 9, 2014

Huckleberry Christmas By Jennifer Beckstrand


Now that they've happily married off two of their grandchildren, Anna and Felty Helmuth are ready for their next matchmaking challenge. What better way to celebrate the most heartwarming of seasons--and make Huckleberry Hill, Wisconsin, the place for unexpected love. . .
A difficult marriage has left the Helmuths' widowed great-granddaughter, Beth, finished with wedlock. She's content to live with them and make a life for herself and her toddler son. But once she turns down handsome Tyler Yoder's proposal, it seems only fair to encourage him to find a suitable wife. Trouble is, his gentleness and generous ways are showing her how joyous a real meeting of hearts can be. . .
After a failed courtship, Tyler thought the best he could hope for in a wife was mere companionship. But spirited Beth is the one he longs to protect, and hold close. Earning her trust is the hardest thing he's ever had to do. And soon, both will discover that forgiveness and understanding are gifts that only rekindled faith--along with the happiest of holidays--can bring.
 
Pick up your copy here


I grew up with a steady diet of William Shakespeare and Jane Austen. After all that literary immersion, I naturally decided to get a degree in mathematics, which came in handy when one of my six children needed help with homework. After my fourth daughter was born, I started writing. By juggling diaper changes, soccer games, music lessons, laundry, and two more children, I finished my first manuscript--a Western--in just under fourteen years. I now write Inspirational Amish Romance. My goal is to write uplifting, inspiring stories with happy endings and hopeful messages. If my books make readers want to give themselves a big hug or jump up and down for joy, I've done my job. I am a member of Romance Writers of America and American Christian Fiction Writers and am represented by Mary Sue Seymour of The Seymour Agency.

The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill is my new Amish Romance series set in Wisconsin on a little hill in Amish country.

The series is about an elderly Amish couple who try to find suitable mates for their grandchildren. What could be more fun than throwing two young people together to see if sparks ignite? No one would ever suspect two octogenarian Amish folks of mischief.

Romantic Times gave Huckleberry Hill 4 1/2 stars, calling it "A sweet romance with a lot of heart that offers a new, refreshing take on the...matchmaking trope. The storyline is feasible, the characters are well written, with both their strengths and weaknesses on display. Readers will treasure this series and put the first outing on their keeper shelf."

RT Book Reviews chose Huckleberry Summer as a TOP PICK with 4 1/2 stars: "The next installment of the Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill series will hook readers with its love story, its sticky situations and a grandmother who only wants happiness for her grandchildren. Beckstrand brings new life to the age-old occupation of matchmaking."~ RTBookReviews.com 4.5 Stars

I have four daughters, two sons, three sons-in-law, and two adorable grandsons. I live in the foothills of the Wasatch Front with my husband and one son still left at home.

You can find me on the web at
http://www.jenniferbeckstrand.com/

on my Facebook page at Jennifer Beckstrand Fans: https://www.facebook.com/jenniferbeckstrandfans
and on Twitter: @JenniferBeckst1

Jennifer has done it again. The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill series is her best work to date. This Christmas book is no exception to her great work. I could not put this book down Love is a gift from the heart and Jennifer knows how to show that on paper. It shines on every page.
I love a good Christmas romance and you are sure to fall in love with the characters (I love the grandparents) in this Christmas romance and still be thinking about them long after you have read the last page.
I gave this book 5 stars and I highly recommend this book.
I was given a copy of this book by the publisher for my honest review.

6 comments:

  1. Great review Mary! I pre-ordered this book from Wal-Mart and I should receive it today! Can't wait!

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like my kind of read! Great review Mary and I look forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review Mary, This books sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your review, Mary. I guess this is another Christmas book that I need to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer is a fabulous author.

    ReplyDelete