Saturday, October 11, 2014

Lulu's Cafe By T.I. Lowe


“Some scars are too deep to ever heal,” Leah Gabriella Allen whispered in hushed anguish. The orphaned young woman knows all too well about scars…a thick burn spanning her left palm…a deep rigid scar adorning her right hip…a scar etched across her bottom lip…There were countless more, exposed as well as hidden deep within. After years of foster and group home instability, Gabriella naively falls in the thorny arms of the abusive Brent Sadler. The constant bruise of cruelty is ever present in their ten years of marriage – beatings that riddle her body and then being locked away in a closet when Brent grows weary of looking at the damage. One last momentous beating ends with two deaths and changes Gabriella’s life forever. She stumbles away within an inch of her own life and begins a journey to an unexpected southern home which is none other than Lulu’s Café, where she tries to mend her severed spirit. Lulu is the petite charismatic southern belle with a strong unshakable faith. She wisely takes on the challenge of helping the young woman heal her broken body as well as her shattered spirit. She enlists the support of the enchanting southern gentleman, Crowley J. Mason IV, whose ocean blue eyes seem to hypnotize Leah (as they know her) from the start. Leah is an unwanted stranger in Crowley’s quaint southern town of Rivertown, South Carolina. He holds her at arm’s length as he tries to decipher the mystery of her recent past. Before the young lawyer realizes it, he finds Leah tucked protectively in his arms. He wants nothing more than to help her heal…if she would just trust enough to let him in. Lulu’s Café interlaces human failures and sheds light on the paths that lead out of them.
 
Pick up your copy here

T.I. Lowe is a southern belle that resides on a small farm hidden in the boonies near coastal South Carolina. Most days you can easily find T.I. in her kitchen, whipping up homemade treats for her babies and neighbors or glued to her computer keyboard. She enjoys drifting away in the fictitious world of the latest novel while bathing in the warm southern sunshine with a glass of iced tea in hand.

"I am running with patience the race set before me, looking unto Jesus, my author and finisher of my faith."

T.I. has just completed her second novel, Coming Home Again and is now typing away on her third, Goodbyes and Second Chances.
Information and Excerpts are available on her website: tilowe.com
 
I really enjoyed the first part of this book, but then it seems to drift off in another direction and very slowly it kinds of lost me.
I did however find that the first part let  me know that this author has the ability to write a good story if given the time and chance to rewrite it.
I  gave this book 3.5 stars. With a side note that this author could write a 5 star book.
I was given a copy of this book by the author for my honest review.

3 comments:

  1. Although the review sounds good, I trust your opinion with books that would interest me and I do not think that I will be reading this one. Thanks again Mary for your honest reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for an honest review Mary!

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always good to see what's a good read!

    ReplyDelete