Saturday, October 18, 2014

Quilted by Christmas By Jodie Bailey



Taryn McKenna believes she’s easy to forget. Abandoned by her parents and left behind when her high school sweetheart joined the army, she vows to never love again and throws herself into her love for the outdoors and the pursuit of a college degree—something no one else in her family has ever accomplished. Her goal, as a young teacher in the hills of North Carolina, is to leave a legacy in the lives of the middle-schoolers she teaches. When Taryn’s grandmother Jemma, the only other person who ever held her close, has a heart attack that reveals a fatal medical condition, Taryn is corralled into helping Grandma work on a final project—an Irish chain quilt that tells the story of her history and the love Jemma knows is out there for Taryn. As the pieces of the quilt come together, Taryn begins to see her value. Can she learn to believe that God will never leave her behind even though others have?

Pick up your copy here


Jodie Bailey writes novels about freedom and the heroes who fight for it. Her novels include Freefall and Crossfire, from Love Inspired Suspense, as well as Quilted by Christmas, from Abingdon Press. Her devotions have appeared in Fighting Fear: Winning the War at Home and Sweet Freedom with a Slice of Peach Cobbler. She is convinced a camping trip to the beach with her family, a good cup of coffee, and a great book can cure all ills. Jodie lives in North Carolina with her husband, her daughter, and two dogs.

I really enjoyed this latest Quilts of Love series book.
The Christmas homey feel was wonderful. The warm feeling what I like to say pulls at your heartstrings is all over this book.
I really loved that she is a teacher in North Carolina.  Being that's where I am living also.
You are going to love this book the only thing I did not like was that the story ended to soon for me.
I gave this book 5 stars. I recommend it.
I was given a copy of this book by Wynn Wynn media for my honest review. Thanks Jeane!

6 comments:

  1. I adore the Quilts of Love series and am adding this one to my wish list! Thanks for sharing a wonderful review, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good review! I love to read Christmas books. This one is definitely on my wish list!

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a very good book! Thanks Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good. please put my name in. Maxie > mac262(at)me(dot)com <

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Christmas books and this sounds so nice! Sonja dot Nishimoto @ gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete