Friday, June 1, 2012

Review of Not in the Heart by Chris Fabry






Truman Wiley used to report news stories from around the world, but now the most troubling headlines are his own. He’s out of work, out of touch with his family, and out of his home. But nothing dogs him more than his son’s failing heart. 

With mounting hospital bills and Truman’s penchant for gambling his savings, the situation seems hopeless . . .  until his estranged wife throws him a lifeline—the chance to write the story of a death row inmate, a man convicted of murder who wants to donate his heart to Truman’s son.


As the execution clock ticks down, Truman uncovers disturbing evidence that points to a different killer. For his son to live, must an innocent man die? Truman’s investigation draws him down a path that will change his life, his family, and the destinies of two men forever.





My Review

What can I say Chris Fabry is one of the BEST authors of my time. I stayed up all night reading Not In The Heart I had to know what was going to happen next. Book LOVERS I beg you do not pass this book up, run don't walk and get this book right away.



Chris is such a great writer you will NEVER in a million years  guess how this book ends, I was shocked, I stayed on the edge of the bed all night through the whole book, This book is not like most books that you read now days it is not predictable at all.



If you like stories about redemption then this book is for you. It is so good I'm having difficulty putting it into words! I guess when something leaves you speechless with awe it's a bigger compliment than a whole mess of words! 



There are not enough stars for this book. After reading every book Chris has wrote I can say with out a doubt he is one of my TOP 10  favorite authors and I have read a lot of them!


You will not want to miss Chris's next book Borders of the Heart coming in October.

A copy of this book was given to me by the author.



About Chris

Chris Fabry is an award-winning author and radio personality who hosts the daily program Chris Fabry Live! on Moody Radio. His novels, which include Dogwood, June Bug, and Almost Heaven, have won two Christy Awards and an ECPA Christian Book Award, but it’s his lyrical prose and tales of redemption that keep readers returning for more. Chris and his wife, Andrea, have nine children and live in Arizona. 

Visit his website at www.chrisfabry.com


14 comments:

  1. Great review, I too enjoyed this book to the point of not being able to put it down. Looking forward to his new release.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading this fabulous review I want to go out & buy a copy of this book. New author for me. Great review, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nancee! You will LOVE this book but even more you will LOVE everyone of this authors books!

      Delete
    2. I'll check out his other books also. Thanks for the tips, Mary! It's always good to get honest feedback regarding really good books. Having read so many books you really know how to point out the best of the best. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Loved the review. I must get this book! This is a new author to me.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy, Chris was a new author to me also, I found his book June Bug at Barnes and Noble and bought it, I had it read in four hours it was out of this world. I went the next day and bought all of his books. He is a VERY talented author.

      Delete
  4. Mary Iwent and bought everyone of Chris's books because of you. June Bug,Dogwood,Almost Heaven,but I had to order A Marriage Carol,Barns and Noble did not haveit in stock,thank you for such a great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James, Thank you so much for buying all of his books. I LOVE them all!

      Delete
  5. He is new to me...Will definately have to read this book.Thanks for the review.I will call the library Monday and see if they have any of these.If not will be on the lookout to buy them.Hope you are having a great weekend Mary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, you are so sweet. You will LOVE Chris Fabry's books all of them are 5 star books!

      Delete
  6. Wow, very interesting review. Sounds like no other book that I have read before and would love to read it.

    Blessings,
    Jo
    azladijo(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. June Bug was AWESOME! I have Almost Heaven (but haven't read it yet), and plan on getting his other books soon! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete