Saturday, June 23, 2012

Review of My Stubborn Heart by Becky Wade




Book Description 

A Sensational CBA Debut in Contemporary Romance!  This summer author Becky Wade makes her CBA debut with a fun -- and funny -- contemporary romance.  Amidst the light-hearted banter and laugh-out-loud moments is a compelling spiritual journey of one woman's choice to listen to God and wait on him.  Filled with humor and authentic romance, My Stubborn Heart is shaping up to be the hit of the summer.

Kate Donovan is burned out on work, worn down by her dating relationships, and in need of an adventure. When Kate's grandmother asks Kate to accompany her to Redbud, Pennsylvania, to restore the grand old house she grew up in, Kate jumps at the chance. Yet, she discovers a different kind of project upon meeting the man hired to renovate the house.  Matt Jarreau is attractive and clearly wounded -- hiding from people, from God, and from his past.  Kate can't help but set her stubborn heart on bringing him out of the dark and back into the light... whether he likes it or not.


Biography

During her childhood in California, Becky frequently produced homemade plays starring her sisters, friends, and cousins. These plays almost always featured a heroine, a prince, and a love story with a happy ending. She's been a fan of all things romantic ever since.
Becky and her husband lived overseas in the Caribbean and Australia before settling in Dallas, Texas. It was during her years abroad that Becky's passion for reading turned into a passion for writing. She published three historical romances with Avon Books, then put her career on hold for several years to care for her kids, then recently returned to writing sheerly for the love of it. She felt led to move to the genre of contemporary Christian romance and couldn't be more thrilled with it.

These days Becky can be found failing but trying to keep up with her housework, sweating at the gym, carting her kids around town, playing tennis, hunched over her computer, eating chocolate, or collapsed on the sofa watching TV with her husband.
 




My Review

READ THIS BOOK!   Kate Donovan and Matt Jarreau will having you cheering until very the very last page! Don't get mad at the author Becky, if you  do not get your house work (or anything else) done. You will be addicted from the first sentence and you won't mind that you are. I found it very difficult to believe that this was Becky's debut book. It is so well written that I often found myself grinning as I read it. It is a very fun and easy read. I hated when this book ended so much that I decided I had to go back and read it again (which I did). I could not stop thinking about it after I read the last page. 

This book gets 5 stars two times from me!! Becky's debut novel made me a big fan and I can not wait to read what comes next from this marvelous new author. 




I  received a complimentary copy of this book from Bethany House Publishers.





6 comments:

  1. WOW! It must be really good. 10 stars! That will make her a happy girl. I'm sure she wouldn't it being a big hit. You do a very good job on interviews, mary. Maxie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,I really enjoy your reviews and take them to heart if you think they are great reads,then I run out and buy the books right away. I just wanted to say thank you for your honest reviews,I cant wait to read this book,I plan to pick up a copy today,,,Thanks again,,great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James, you are the winner of this super summer read! E-mail me your mailing address.

      Delete
  3. this does sound like a great book. i love a good clean love stories. another great review and another book to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, you've done it again! Before I know it I'll own so many books I won't ever catch up. Great review and 10 stars??? Now that has got to be good! I'll be watching for a copy. Thanks for another teaser! Your reviews are just too good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, ladies! I loved reading your review, Mary. Thank you for taking the time - first to read My Stubborn Heart and then to write about it on your (very charming) blog. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed it! When a reader tells me that she couldn't get anything else done while reading? That's one of the best compliments I can receive. Thank you!!

    Your disbelief that I'm a debut author is actually well founded. My Stubborn Heart is my debut in the CBA but years ago (before kids) I wrote historical romances for the ABA. Your instincts are spot on! :) Warmly, Becky

    ReplyDelete