Sunday, June 24, 2012

Interview with Darlene Shortridge




1. Why did you chose this particular genre? I am not sure I chose it as much as it chose me.  I had the story of Mark and Jessi running through my head and it wouldn?t leave me alone.  Once I realized that this story wasn?t going anywhere, I started writing.  Once I started writing, I understood just how much the words coming from my heart could impact a world that has lost hope.  Our lives are filled with heartache.  We have been hurt and humiliated.  Our lives are in turmoil, and if not ours then the lives of those around us.  To take a fiction story and make it relatable to our every day lives is an honor that God has entrusted me with.  As long as He continues to lead me this genre, I will continue to write it.   2. What is your favorite Bible verse? Can I use an entire chapter?  Please?  If so, then I will say Psalm 139.  David is my favorite Biblical human being.  Of course this relates with what I mention in the question above and the question below.  God knows us.  He knows everything about us.  All this knowledge does not dissuade Him from loving us or from dying for us.  As I read this chapter, I am so reminded of His unconditional love.  No matter where I go, what I do and who I do it with, He is there with me and has a hedge about me.  I love that.  Like David, I have failed miserably.  I am so unworthy of God?s love.  He loves me anyway.  Isn?t that amazing? 3. What is the most important thing you hope that the reader takes away from your book Until Forever?
 No matter what you?ve done, no matter how bad you have failed, there is forgiveness in the arms of Christ.  I cannot tell you how my heart breaks when someone does not come to Christ because they feel they have committed the unforgivable sin.  I want everyone to know that is what He went to the cross for.  That is how much He loves us. 4.What are you writing now? I am so excited because book two In the Women of Prayer Series, Forever Blessed, is almost finished.
 Forever Blessed tells the heartbreaking story of Paul and Laney Sanders.  Laney is on the run from her abusive husband, Paul.  With her three children in tow, she leaves everything she knows to obtain safety for her and her family.  While living in a women?s shelter, Laney meets women from every walk of life that are facing similar circumstances in their lives.  Does Laney find safety from a controlling manipulative husband?  Does Paul track her down and make her pay for her disobedience?  Where does God fit into all this?  Forever Blessed tackles the tough subject of domestic abuse, both inside and outside the church.   I expect this book to be released mid to late August of 2012.  5.What is your favorite comfort food? That is my problem, I have too many comfort foods!  Because it is summer I?ll choose my summer comfort food.  I bet you didn?t think there are different comfort foods for different seasons, did ya?  Well, there is.  So, my summer comfort food is a spinach strawberry salad with feta cheese, candied pecans, sautéed chicken breast and poppy seed dressing.  Every bite truly brings comfort. 6. I am a dog lover, tell us about your pets if any. I love dogs as well, particularly labs.  At the moment we do not have a pet of any kind.  But, within the next few months we will be looking for a golden lab puppy, a female, she will be named Simba and she will have a blue collar.  I promised our son so it will come to pass.  7. Do you have a blog or website where readers can connect with you? Actually, I have both.  My blog is www.darleneshortridge.blogspot.com/And my website is http://www.darleneshortridge.com/My facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/darlene.shortridge You can find me on twitter as well at https://twitter.com/#%21/ShortridgeD

BE SURE TO LEAVE A COMMENT TO BE ENTERED TO WIN A CPOY OF UNTIL FOREVER!

12 comments:

  1. Great interview.I will be on the lookout for books by this new author.Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed the interview. I haven't read any of Darlene's books yet but I am looking forward to doing so. I am happy to hear that her writing Honor's God!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy, you are the winner of Darlene's book! E-mail me your mailing address. themaryreader@yahoo.com Congrats!

      Delete
    2. Mary, I just want to say thanks again. I'm looking forward to reading this book. You have such good giveaways! I do love to read and I do post reviews on the books I read.

      Blessings!
      Judy

      Delete
  3. Looks like another new Author,great interview Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just thought I would stop by and say "hi" before I go eat my strawberry spinach salad! :) Yes, for real that is lunch today. It is great to meet all of you and thanks for stopping by The Mary Reader.

    Blessings!
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it feels weird to comment on a blog called the Mary Reader when I am a Mary too! I recently "Met" Darlene online and I have been impressed by her sweet spirit and readiness to seek ways to extend the reach of her writing. Looking forward to a chance to read one of her works. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, feel an affinity with David...he sinned, but remained a "Man after God's own heart" and it is my desire to be a "woman after God's own heart"...sounds like a great book. Would love to win. Rhonda
    rhonda_nash_hall@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like a great book, would love to read

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to win the book Until Forever.
    carolynj63@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary, I thoroughly enjoyed your interview with Darlene, and it's fun to know a little more about her interests. Psalm 139 is such a powerful chapter in the Bible, and I'm impressed with the fact that she too is impressed with God's unconditional love. Thanks for offering another wonderful giveaway!
    Nancee
    quiltcat26[at]sbcglobal[dot]net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Darlene and Mary, I enjoyed the interview. I love to find out how an author really lives and thinks. Can't wait to read Until Later. I love Psalms and Psalms 139 is a favorite for me.
    Darlene, thanks for stopping by to chat and share with us and Mary, thanks for hosting this giveaway.

    misskallie2000 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete