Thursday, April 24, 2014

Rise and Shine By Sandra Bricker


Shannon Malone thought she'd found her happy ending when she married Edmund Ridgeway, but a diving accident on their honeymoon left her in a coma. Waking up to the news that she's thirty years old would have been daunting enough . . . but she also learns that Edmund has lost his interim battle with cancer and the world has marched on without her. Her gorgeous doctor, Daniel Petros, seems to know everything about her and becomes Shannon's tour guide into a whole new world of madness where reality television has taken over the planet and everyone's life appears to revolve around a tiny screen on their cell phones!
As Shannon struggles to navigate through the changes-both in the world and in her-she also must discern real memories from imagined ones. Did she really ever wear capris pants and entertain in her living room, or was that Laura Petrie from her favorite classic TV show? And where is her beloved dog, Freeway? Oh, wait! That was Jonathan and Jennifer Hart's dog, not hers.
Shannon's three elderly aunts flit through her life in true Sleeping Beauty style with her well-being always a priority. And Edmund's sister Millicent descends like the Evil Queen she is, trying to extract Shannon from any claim on the Ridgeway family fortune. When a tornado moves through town and Shannon is knocked unconscious, will Daniel's kiss awaken her once and for all?

Pick up your copy here


"I'm going to be a writer when I grow up!" Sandra D. Bricker declared these words to her father on a Sunday afternoon in Slidell, Louisiana. She was 5 years old, and was referring to being able to string her cursive letters together to write her full name for the first time, but the declaration proved somewhat prophetic.
By the time she reached high school and her first article was published in The Cincinnati Enquirer, Sandie knew writing was what she wanted to do. For more than a decade, Sandie lived in Los Angeles and, while writing in every spare moment, she studied screenwriting and worked as a personal assistant and publicist to some of daytime television's hottest stars. When her mother became ill in Florida, she walked away from that segment of her life and moved cross-country to take on a new role: Caregiver.
"I guess most people would see my career as a publicist as a sort of dream job. But giving it up turned out to be the best thing that could have happened to me!" she declares. "Not only was I given the gift of getting to know my mother as an adult woman before she passed away, but I was also afforded the blessing of being able to re-focus on writing novels in an effort to pursue my dream of a writing career."
 
I am not sure there is another author that writes books with as much humor as Bricker does.
She has done it again wrote a book you will not want to put down. I always loved fairytales as a little girl and that has not changed now that I am grown, sleeping beauty for big girls is a laugh out loud must read!
Such well developed characters, you will be thinking about them for some time after you finish reading this book.
I recommend this book and I gave it 5 stars.
I was given a copy of this book by Wynn Wynn Media for my honest review.

9 comments:

  1. I haven't read any books by this author yet. Great review Mary! I'm looking forward to reading this one.

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rise and Shine sounds like a winner! I could use a good laugh as I am battling allergies and that is no laughing matter. A good laugh out loud makes everyone feel better! Thank you for your great review, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful review, Mary! RISE AND SHINE sounds like a fun story!! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review - this really is a fabulous book!

    Mrs. Lopez of Loving Life In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a new to me author. Having a humorous story to read would be uplifting. I'll have to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome review Mary.
    This books sounds wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good read Mary. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete