Monday, April 28, 2014

Wildwood Creek By Lisa Wingate


Allie Kirkland has always heard the call of her father's unfinished destiny. When she's offered a production assistant's job on a docudrama filming in the hills near Moses Lake, Texas, the dream of following in her director-father's footsteps suddenly seems within reach. The reenactment of the legendary frontier settlement of Wildwood is a first step into the film industry. A summer on set in the wilderness is a small price to pay for a dream.But in 1861, the real Wildwood held dangerous realities. Town founder Harland Delavan held helpless residents, including young Irish schoolteacher Bonnie Rose, in an iron grip. Mysterious disappearances led to myths and legends still retold in the region's folk songs. Eventually, the entire site was found abandoned. When filming begins, strange connections surface between Allie and the teacher who disappeared over a century ago, and everyone in Wildwood--including Blake Fulton, Allie's handsome neighbor on the film set--seems to be hiding secrets. Allie doesn't know whom she can trust. If she can't find the answers in time, history may repeat itself...with the most unthinkable results.




Pick up your copy here






 Lisa Wingate is a former journalist, inspirational speaker, and the author of over twenty mainstream fiction novels, including the national bestseller, Tending Roses, now in its nineteenth printing. She is a seven-time ACFW Carol award nominee, a Christy Award nominee, an Oklahoma Book Award finalist, and a two-time Carol Award winner. Her novels are known for taking on gritty subjects while offering redemptive and uplifting themes. Recently, the group Americans for More Civility, a kindness watchdog organization, selected Lisa along with Bill Ford, Camille Cosby, and six others, as recipients of the National Civies Award, which celebrates public figures who work to promote greater kindness and civility in American life. More information about Lisa's novels can be found at www.Lisawingate.com  or on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/LisaWingateAuthorPage?


IN THE AUTHOR'S OWN WORDS: A special first grade teacher, Mrs. Krackhardt, made a writer out of me. That may sound unlikely, but it's true. It's possible to find a calling when you're still in pigtails and Mary Jane shoes, and to know it's your calling. I was halfway through the first grade when I landed in Mrs. Krackhardt's classroom. I was fairly convinced there wasn't anything all that special about me... and then, Mrs. Krackhardt stood over my desk and read a story I was writing. She said things like, "This is a great story! I wonder what happens next?"

It isn't every day a shy new kid gets that kind of attention. I rushed to finish the story, and when I wrote the last word, the teacher took the pages, straightened them on the desk, looked at me over the top, and said, "You are a wonderful writer!"

A dream was born. Over the years, other dreams bloomed and died tragic, untimely deaths. I planned to become an Olympic gymnast or win the National Finals Rodeo, but there was this matter of back flips on the balance beam and these parents who stubbornly refused to buy me a pony. Yet the writer dream remained. I always believed I could do it because... well... my first grade teacher told me so, and first grade teachers don't lie.

So, that is my story, and if you are a teacher, or know a teacher, or ever loved a special teacher, I salute you from afar and wish you days be filled with stories worth telling and stories worth reading.


 

 

 
Romance and suspense all in one fantastic book, Are you ready?
This is a Book Binge book for sure. I could not put it down.
Allie is a character to remember, and the setting is Texas which makes it all the better.
You do not want to miss this forth book in the Moses Lake series.
Wingate has a way to suck you in and  you will not move until you have read the very last page.
I gave this book 5 stars and I recommend this book.
I was given a copy of this book by the publisher and the author for my honest review.
 

10 comments:

  1. I was not surprised that you gave this book 5 Stars! I love Lisa's books. Looking forward to reading this one! Thanks for your review Mary!

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy, you are the Winner! I will get your book right out to you.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Mary this is a great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mystery romance books! Sounds like a book that I would want to read. Thank you Mary for your honest reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the wonderful review. Books sounds very good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your great review doesn't surprise me, Mary. I've had the privilege of reading this book and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, your glowing review hit the nail on the head. Lisa Wingate is one of my all time favorite authors and each book she writes is a keeper. I have them all and treasure every one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like the perfect read for me, romance and suspense and all happening in Texas to boot!
    marypopmom (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete