Saturday, April 19, 2014

Susanna's Dream By Marta Perry


As young girls, three Amish sisters were separated and told nothing about each other.  When the long-held secret of their parentage came to light many years later, two of the grown women reconnected.  Now they reach out to the third…
Susanna Bitler’s life is in complete turmoil. Still reeling from the death of her mother, she is further disheartened when her business partner hints that she is going to quit the gift shop they run together in a town near Pleasant Valley. But the biggest revelation is yet to come.
Grateful for their own hard-won relationship, Lydia Beachy and Chloe Wentworth are eager to reveal themselves to Susanna as her long-lost sisters.  But their news utterly distresses Susanna, who is heartbroken to learn that the woman she’s been mourning was not actually her mother.  Despite Lydia and Chloe’s best efforts to make amends, Susanna resolves to keep them at arm’s length. It may take a force of nature to sweep away her fears.  Will that storm demolish all that the three women most value…or unite them in bonds of deep and abiding affection?

Pick up your copy here

I realized I wanted to be a writer at age eight, when I read my first Nancy Drew novel, The Secret of the Old Clock. Most little girl reach the end of that book wanting to be Nancy. I wanted to be the person who created the story!
The dream lay hidden for years while I became a teacher, married, had children...all the usual things. But eventually it re-surfaced, and I began to write, beginning with short children's stories for Sunday school take-home papers. It seemed a long time until that first acceptance, but eventually I began to sell. After some three hundred published short stories, I finally found the courage to work on the novel I'd always wanted to write.
Thirty-some published novels later, I still feel the same excitement every time I begin a new book--a mix of not believing I can do it combined with an overwhelming urge to see the story on the page.
A lifetime spent in rural Pennsylvania and my own Pennsylvania Dutch roots eventually led me to the books I'm writing now about the Amish. The Pleasant Valley Amish series from Berkley Books are longer, more complex emotional stories with Amish main characters, while my forthcoming HQN suspense novels are more adventure-filled books set in Pennsylvania Dutch country. I'm also writing a Love Inspired series, The Bodine Family, set on the South Carolina coast where we have a second home.
When I'm not writing, I'm busy with church activities, traveling, and spending time with my three children and six beautiful grandchildren.

A tender love story that you will not soon forget. This is a book of forgiveness and tender love.
I savored this book like a fine box of chocolates. I hated to see it come to an end.
I loved Susanna, Chole, and Lydia, I also ended up liking Nate.
Very few Amish fiction authors can write a great book to hold your attention any more because everyone seems to be writing Amish fiction now days and all the stories are the same. That is not the case with Perry she grabs a hold of you on page one and never lets go until long after the last page.
I gave this book 5 stars two times and I HIGHLY recommend it. I will keep a copy of this book on my personal book shelf to reread.
I was given a copy of this book by the publisher and author for my honest review.

11 comments:

  1. Another book of my genre! I would love to win this book. Mary, your review was wonderful. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mable, You are the WINNER! I will get your book right out to you! Congrats you are going to LOVE this one!

      Delete
  2. Love your review and fine chocolates,haha.You make it so real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems as though you loved this book. I need to go over to Amazon an get my copy now. Thanks Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just knew you'd give this book a 5 Star rating! Great review Mary. I am a fan of Marta's books. I also love tender love stories. I am looking forward to reading this one!

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds absolutely wonderful. I cannot imagine what feelings will be stirred up by these three sisters. I know I would love this one. Thank you, Mary for your great review.

    Happy Easter to you!

    Smiles and Blessings, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to get a copy of this book (and series). She is a great writer!
    susanlulu@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good review, Mary. I, too, love Marta's books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Mary, this is really interesting to hear. It really interest me when I find stories like this where the sisters were each raised with other parents without knowing they had sisters. That would be quite a surprise. Please put my name in the drawing. I hope I might be able to win this time. Maxie mac262(at)me(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have read this author before so just had to stop by and say hello, like your review and would love to read about these sisters...thanks for sharing
    love to be in your drawing.
    Paula O(kyflo130@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great review - love the comparison to fine chocolates since you can't get much better than that! I would love to read this; please enter me into your drawing. Thank you!! jeaniedannheim(at)ymail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete