Monday, April 7, 2014

The Memory Child By Steena Holmes

When Brian finds out that his wife, Diane, is pregnant, he is elated. He’s been patiently waiting for twelve years to become a father. But Diane has always been nervous about having children because of her family’s dark past. The timing of the pregnancy also isn’t ideal—Diane has just been promoted, and Brian is being called away to open a new London office for his company.
Fast-forward one year: being a mother has brought Diane a sense of joy that she’d never imagined and she’s head over heels for her new baby, Grace. But things are far from perfect: Brian has still not returned from London, and Diane fears leaving the baby for even a moment. As unsettling changes in those around Diane began to emerge, it becomes clear that all is not as it seems.
A woman’s dark past collides head-on with her mysterious present in this surreal and gripping family drama.

You can buy a copy here
Steena Holmes grew up in a small town in Canada and holds a bachelor’s degree in theology. She is the author of eleven novels and novellas, including Finding Emma, for which she was awarded a National Indie Excellence Book Award in 2012. She currently lives in Calgary with her husband and three daughters, and loves to wake up to the Rocky Mountains each morning.

Readers I urge you to really think before going out and buying books by authors you have never heard of or because the book has a wonderful cover or because the synopsis is great.
It makes me so sad to have to write a review that is not a 4 or 5 star review. One because it hurts the author and two because I have such a love for books.
This entire series was not edited and this book was so predictable that it was a chore to read the whole book.
I am very happy to say that I am finally done with this series.
I can't not recommend this book.
I was given a copy of this book by the author.

5 comments:

  1. I glad this series is over now and I know you are too. On to the next great book.I'm ready for some good reviews send them our way.Thank you Mary for all you do and endure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your honest review Mary. I would still be interested in reading this book and series down the road.

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy, you are the WINNER! I will get your book right out to you!

      Delete
  3. If I went by the cover, I probably would want to read this book. However, I trust your reviews whole heartedly Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Another one! I am still interested in this series and would love to read one or all. Thank you, Mary for all you do. It is greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete