Tuesday, October 27, 2015

A Reason to Stay By Kellie Coates Gilbert



As the host of her own television news show, Faith Marin works to expose the truth for her viewers. But in her personal life, she's anchored her world with firm boundaries in order to hide a family history she'd like to forget. Her pro bass fisherman husband Geary's life is an open book, and unfortunately his busybody family doesn't know the meaning of boundaries. Deception and crippling differences soon derail their tender relationship, leading Faith to believe her only option is to end the marriage. But while Faith considers whether divorce is the only answer to their issues, tragedy strikes and her heartrending decision is interrupted. With her life in the balance, Faith finds that the one she has been shutting out may be the very one she cannot bear to lose.
Kellie Coates Gilbert takes readers on an emotional roller coaster as she weaves themes of unexpected trial, self-discovery, and forgiveness in this profoundly honest portrait of the tensions that can break a marriage--and the ultimate healing power of love.

Pick up your copy here...


As a former legal professional, Kellie Coates Gilbert spent nearly twenty-five years working in courtrooms and behind the scenes of some of the largest and most well-known cases in America. She was one of the lead paralegals in the Jack-in-the-Box litigation, where uncooked hamburger resulted in the deaths of several toddlers and made many more critically ill, which is now the subplot of her recently released WHERE RIVERS PART, the second novel in a collection of contemporary women's fiction stories all set in Texas. Her books not only explore the heart issues that matter most to women, but often allow readers an inside peek into her former legal world.

Kellie currently makes her home in Dallas, Texas with her husband and a very spoiled 2.7 lb. Yorkie named Emmie Sweetpea.

Please visit her online at www.kelliecoatesgilbert.com

I gave this book 4 stars, I recommend this book as well as the other books in the Texas Gold series. They are all really stand alone books ,they are all set in Texas.
A Reason to Stay was a book that I thought was not full of perfect characters that made me like it even more. Geary was such a mommies boy and he was all about his family even after he got married to Faith.
Faith was an independent working women so this made the story worth reading in my opinion.
The story was mainly about Faith coming to grips with her past.  I loved the whole premise.
I was given a copy of this book by the publisher for my honest review.

This is a 2 book GIVEAWAY! Leave a comment to be entered to WIN a copy!

13 comments:

  1. I have been reading this series, and loving it. I can't wait to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of this one .Thanks Blessings ,DanaGirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds very interesting! I love a good read. Loved your review!

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so good. I'm ready to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, its about time. I am loving this series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My girlfriend is going to like this one. I keep getting books for her for Christmas. She will be one happy girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to read this book. I don't think I know this author.Thanks for your review Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. My wife is going to love this one, it sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kellie never disappoints her readers she is so creative with all of her books. Thanks for sharing Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a treat I have a sister that works for a TV station. I will have to share this book with her after I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think that I have read anything by this author, but this book sounds very interesting. Thanks for the review Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kellie is a wonderful writer! Thank you for your great review!

    ReplyDelete