Sunday, October 11, 2015

The Christmas Cradle By Charlotte Hubbard


For the peaceful town of Willow Ridge, November presents an early holiday surprise. Stranded in the snow, 18-year-old Lena Esh and her boyfriend Josiah Witmer need more than a place to stay for the night. Lena defied her strict family and their judgmental beliefs to run away with Josiah and have his baby. But she's starting to wonder if he can prove as responsible as he is passionate. And she isn't sure how—or if—they can ever find a place to truly call home.

Expecting their own miracle baby, Miriam and Ben Hooley rally the town to help the young couple, and Lena draws strength from their unexpected support. Though trouble may come calling, in this season of joyous rebirth, a little child will lead them. And two couples will see their dreams of forever family come true . . .

Pick up your copy here...


Drawing upon her experiences in Jamesport, the largest Old Order Amish community west of the Mississippi, longtime Missourian Charlotte Hubbard writes of simpler times and a faith-based lifestyle in her new Seasons of the Heart series. Like her heroine, Miriam Lantz, Charlotte considers it her personal mission to feed people—to share hearth and home. Faith and family, farming and food preservation are hallmarks of her lifestyle, and the foundation of her earlier Angels of Mercy series. She’s a deacon, a dedicated church musician and choir member, and when she’s not writing, she loves to try new recipes, crochet, and sew. Charlotte now lives in Minnesota with her husband and their border collie.

My long awaited copy of The Christmas Cradle book number six in the Seasons of the Heart finally arrived. I read it as soon as I got it. I was so excited. I have loved every book in this series.
The whole series is so heart warming and exciting to read.
I LOVED the characters so much, I really loved the unexpected ending. This being the last book in this series makes me so sad. But fear not there is a new series coming our way next March.
Hubbard is such a loving writer she always writes so you can feel love coming from each page.
The recipes at the end of the book and there are many of them 10 to be exact all look so good I can't wait to try them out on my friends.
I gave this book 5 stars and I highly recommend it. This book is a keeper for my personal book shelf.
I was given a copy of this book for my honest review. 

26 comments:

  1. I really want to read this one . Thanks for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that the new one in the series is out. I;ve got to go get it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you'll enjoy it, Willard! Thanks for being a reader!

      Delete
  3. This has been a lovely series. I have loved every book. I hate to see it in but I am excited to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fear not, Emma! We return to Willow Ridge with Nora Hooley in the new Simple Gifts series, come next June!

      Delete
  4. My wife has loved every book in this series so much she read the last one twice waiting for this next one to come out. She will hate to see the series end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon, tell your lovely wife she can read my new Promise Lodge series, come March--and she can return to Willow Ridge in June 2016 with my new Simple Gifts series!

      Delete
  5. A series ending and I have to wait until March for the new series. I am going to amazon to buy this one now. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Christmas stories! I am sure that this one will not disappoint! Thanks for the review Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas ahead of time, Mable! I love Christmas stories, too!

      Delete
  7. Love love love it !!!!! Great review blessings,DanaGirl

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to read this one! The whole series has been fantastic. Great review, Mary!

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy, you are the WINNER! I will get your book right out to you! Congrats!

      Delete
  9. Oh boy. I've been waiting for this one. I am sure it will be a great ending to the series.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this series. Thank you Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for being a faithful reader, Skylar!

      Delete
  11. I love this time of year because Christmas book come out. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Mary for not keeping good books a secret. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got it right, Henrietta! Mary does a fabulous job of sharing!

      Delete
  13. This sounds like such a sweet story, am putting it on my to-be-read list!! Haven't read any of Charlotte's books - I think this would be a wonderful book for my first.

    bonnieroof60(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete