Monday, October 26, 2015

Happy Cooking By Giada De Laurentiis



Best-selling cookbook author Giada De Laurentiis is picking up where Feel Good Food left off. Filled with even more fresh recipes and day-to-day living strategies, the Food Network superstar shares her year-round approach to living a healthy and happy lifestyle.
     Giada De Laurentiis, one of the most recognizable faces on the Food Network lineup, invites readers to get to know her as never before. The celebrity chef is back with nearly 200 new recipes and helpful advice on everything from hosting a potluck or open house to what to pack along for lunch every day. Drawing on the time-saving tips and healthy eating strategies that keep her functioning at the highest possible level in her roles as working mom, restaurateur, and tv personality, she has assembled a year-round roadmap to vibrant good health and delicious eating. Readers will be inspired to try new ingredients, new wellness practices, and create a wholesome balance between peak nutrition - and the occasional decadent indulgence. Featuring her New Year's cleanse, homemade Christmas gifts, and ideas for every holiday, special occasion, and casual weekend in between, this is Giada’s 365-approach to cooking up a happy life.

Pick up your copy here...


GIADA DE LAURENTIIS is the Emmy Award-winning star of Food Network's Everyday Italian, Giada at Home, and Giada in Paradise; a judge on Food Network Star; a contributing correspondent for NBC's Today show; and the author of seven New York Times bestselling books. She attended the Cordon Bleu cooking school in Paris and worked at Wolfgang Puck's Spago restaurant before starting her own catering company, GDL Foods. Born in Rome, she grew up in Los Angeles, where she now lives with her daughter, Jade.

 
I must say first that this cookbook by Giada is phenomenal. She did an awesome job putting it together. The book is packed with delicious meals, sides, snacks, and desserts. The pictures of each dish are mouth watering. She tells you if the recipes are vegan, vegetarian and gluten free. It  is also packed with helpful tips. There are a great deal of good things that other cookbooks leave out. For example she tells you what things you should stock up on in your pantry. I cooked two of the recipes for my family. 
The first one was called Skinny Chicken Parm.The dish wasn't hard to make and the ingredients were already in my pantry. Everyone loved it at dinner time and I thought that they were going riot for more when they wanted seconds. 
Giada also thought of our four legged family member when she added Peanut Butter Dog Bone Treats. My little four legged babies loves the treats at the gourmet Stores. Now, I don't have to pay for the expensive treats now that I know how to make them at home. 
The second recipe I used was Citrus Lavender Hand Scrub. It smells so good and is good when used to exfoliate. I will use this cookbook years to come. 
I give this book 5 stars two times. I was given this book by the publisher for my honest review.

11 comments:

  1. I'm getting this one, my family is sure to thank me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cookbooks! Sounds like one that I would enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a cookbook that my wife would absolutely love. Not to mentiuon that this would make a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giada is one of my favorite chefs on the Food Network,I watch her all the time and try to catch everything that she appears on. I m going to love having her cookbook in My library. Thank you for sharing this Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cookbooks almost as much as I do Amish book. I do believe a have a couple of her cookbooks already. I am going to order his new one now after reading this great review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cookbooks and have quite a few of them. I like trying new dishes. If hubby likes a dish I make...it's a hit! I will have to add this cookbook to my collection. I watch Giada all the time. Great review!

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have all her cookbook. Well I did have them all until this one came out. I just ordered it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mom collects Cookbooks. It is a hobby of hers. I am going to give this to her for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love cookbooks! The lavender scrub is something I would really love to try to make. What a great idea for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to cook and I love finding new recipes to cook for my baby girl. I think this cookbook will be a good add to my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have seen Giada multiple times on the food network. I love her cooking show. I am going love adding this cookbook to my collection.

    ReplyDelete