Thursday, October 8, 2015

Miriam and the Stranger By Jerry Eicher



Miriam Yoder is living a happy life as the beloved school teacher in the small Clarita, Oklahoma Amish community having accepted the fact that she will likely never marry. But when a local freelance reporter enters her world, Miriam is astonished to find herself attracted to the handsome Englisha man.
The very next week, widower Mose Stoll arrives from her home community of Possum Valley, Ohio, in search of a second frau. Mose has spoken with Miriam's father and is ready to meet Miriam in person. If he finds no serious flaw in Miriam, Mose plans to marry her and take her home to Possum Valley.
When Miriam follows her heart instead of her head, she finds herself facing excommunication. Suddenly her happy life has been turned upside down with no possible solution...unless God intervenes.
Jerry Eicher's many fans (more than 700,000 books sold) will delight in this concluding volume in his Land of Promise series.
Pick up your copy here..


Jerry Eicher taught for two terms in Amish and Mennonite schools in Ohio and Illinois. He writes of his experience growing up Amish in his memoir My Amish Childhood. Jerry has been involved in church renewal, preaching, and teaching Bible studies. He lives with his wife, Tina, and their four children in Virginia.

This was a sweet ending to the Land of Promise series.
I did not care for Mose at all he was not a likeable character at all.
But I did however love Miriam and Tyler and could not read this book fast enough to find out what was going to happen next. You will LOVE it.
I truly loved the ending.
I gave this book 5 stars two times. I HIGHLY recommend this book as well as the whole series.
I was given a copy of this book for my honest review.

12 comments:

  1. I will enjoy reading this finale of the series. I like Jerry's books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another of my favorite authors! I am sure that I will enjoy reading this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jerry's books. In fact, I am reading, Miriam's Secret right now! Great review, Mary!

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  4. This had been a great series. Jerry is really good at what he does. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another Amish book I see, Well I am ready for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Jerry's books How did I miss this series. I must start it right away. Thank you an awesome review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jerry is one of my wife's favorites. I do believe she has read the first two books in this series. I bet she will be excited when I present this one to her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Amish books especially Jerry's Amish books. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh boy another Amish book. I can't wait. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think this is a series I have been reading. Thank you for sharing this with us. Looks like I have a lot of buying and reading to do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm all about an Amish book. I can barely wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds great !!! Love Amish books .Blessings DanaGirl

    ReplyDelete