Friday, October 2, 2015

The Bishop's Son By Kelly Irvin


Two men offer Leila two very different futures. Will she choose with her heart or with her faith?
Leila Lantz has been in love with Jesse Glick from the day she first saw him at his father’s store, but she can’t make sense of his intentions. One day he wants to come courting, the next he seems to be putting distance between them.
Jesse may be the bishop’s son, but his faith has been wavering of late. If he is so unsure, is it fair to give Leila false hope for a future he doubts he can provide?
Then there’s Will, Jesse’s cousin. He has been trying to keep his feelings for Leila a secret, but he also knows Jesse is wrestling with his faith. Would declaring his feelings for Leila be in her best interest or simply serving his own selfish desires?
Leila knows she can choose Will and be secure in her own future. But when her heart speaks, it’s Jesse’s name she hears. When will God make His will known to her? Could leaving everything she knows—even her own faith—be a part of God’s plan?

Pick up your copy here...


Kelly Irvin is the author of The Beekeeper’s Son, the critically acclaimed first novel of the Amish of Bee County series. Kelly is also the author of several Amish series including the Bliss Creek Amish series, the New Hope Amish series, and the Amish of Bee County series. She has also penned two romantic suspense novels, A Deadly Wilderness and No Child of Mine. The Kansas native is a graduate of the University of Kansas School of Journalism. She has been writing nonfiction professionally for thirty years, including ten years as a newspaper reporter, mostly in Texas-Mexico border towns. She has worked in public relations for the City of San Antonio for twenty years. Kelly has been married to photographer Tim Irvin for twenty-seven years. They have two young adult children, two cats, and a tank full of fish. In her spare time, she likes to write short stories and read books by her favorite authors. Website: kellyirvin.com, Twitter: @Kelly_S_Irvin, Facebook: Kelly.Irvin.Author.
 
Ready to go back to Bee County Texas ? It was nice to get to reminisce with some old characters from book one in the series in this book. As well as get to meet new ones.
It was one of the books that could be a stand alone but you won't want to miss book one The Beekeeper's Son.
Looking for a good Amish love story, you might have found it.
I liked the characters old and new. In this 4 star book.
I was given a copy of this book by the publisher for my honest review.

11 comments:

  1. I love Amish love stories! This one sounds like one that I would enjoy reading! Thank you for this review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good Amish romance. There is nothing better than a good clean love story. I know I'm going to buy this but I may back track and buy the first in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like Kelly's books! I enjoy Amish fiction a lot! Thanks for your review, Mary!

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my Amish romances. You can't beat them and kelly is so good at what she does. Thank you for the review Mary it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it !! Love Amish !! Sounds Great !! Kelly Irvin is a great Author .Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Beekeepers son was a wonderful book. I can't wait to get my hands on the one. Thanks Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie, you are the Winner. I will get your book right out to you!

      Delete
  7. It's good to see book two is out. I will have to put it on my list to buy this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a sucker for a good Amish romance. Thank you for sharing this Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds good I can't wait to read it. I'm headed over to amazon right now.

    ReplyDelete