Thursday, May 25, 2017

Feisty & Feminine By Penny Nance






CEO and president of Concerned Women for America Penny Young Nance is ready to change the way women today engage the culture.
“Today’s conservative women are intelligent, well-educated, compassionate, accomplished, funny, and fearless,” says Nance.
Feisty & Feminine takes an honest and transparent look at what it means to be a conservative Christian woman, with thoughtful commentary on the real issues confronting you right now.
Conservative Christian women have never fit neatly into stereotypes. “We’re not the humorless, dim-witted ‘church ladies’ Saturday Night Live has made us out to be,” says Nance. “In fact, we have an opportunity like never before to offer words of redemption to a world gone mad.”
Are you troubled by this nation’s decreased emphasis on the sanctity of marriage and the abuse of women around the world? Are you concerned that the values this great nation are slipping away from your children? 
The time is right for this book, and for conservative women – like Esther of the Bible – to stand up, be heard, and make a difference in our culture.


Pick up your copy here...

Penny Young Nance is CEO and President of Concerned Women for America (CWA), and is a recognized national authority on cultural, children’s, and women’s issues. As the CEO and president of the nation’s largest public policy women’s organization, Penny oversees more than 500,000 participating CWA members across the country, over 400 CWA chapters, 26 Young Women for America College Chapters, and 400 trained leaders. She is also the president of Concerned Women for America Legislative Action Committee and Concerned Women for America Political Action Committee and serves as the principal spokesperson for all three entities.

My Review

This was a different book for me. Not sure if it's because I am so tired of political mess and I just could not agree with some of the things said or it was just not a book for me.
I did agree with Nance on one thing it stands out is a good point to me 50 Shades of Grey is nothing but the promotion of physical and mental abuse and NOT a love story. It is NOT for true Christians to read or watch.
She talks about Fox news , I just want to say I am tired of all the news stations.
This just might not have been a book for me at this time in my life.
With that being said I gave this book 3 stars while some of the topics were great for women to be talking about some I just am sick of. I did like the personal stories.
I received this book from Wynn Wynn Media for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are my own.
 
Leave a comment to be entered to win a copy of this book.

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for your honesty! After your review, and looking into the book, it just isn't one that I would enjoy so I'll pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure not for me. I wont be reading this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not entering this one. Just wanted to tell you thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have Mercy everywhere I turn it's politics. I don't want to read it all that. Not and entry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. True reviews are hard to come by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherley, You are the WINNER! I will get your book right out to you!

      Delete
  6. I wish I was wanting to read this one but its not one I would read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What are you reading now? Glad you told me this one was not one to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not a vacation read I see. I need beach reads.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nope won't be reading this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everybody has an opinion and this sounds like just that! I think that I will pass on this one. Like Mary, I am sick of all of the political news. Thank you for your honest review Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your honest review, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for your honest review.

    ReplyDelete