Friday, May 12, 2017

Threads of Suspicion By Dee Henderson



Evie Blackwell's reputation as a top investigator for the Illinois State Police has landed her an appointment to the governor's new Missing Persons Task Force. This elite investigative team is launched with plenty of public fanfare. The governor has made this initiative a high priority, so they will have to produce results--and quickly.

Evie and her new partner, David Marshal, are assigned to a pair of unrelated cases in suburban Chicago, and while both involve persons now missing for several years, the cases couldn't be more different. While Evie opens old wounds in a close-knit neighborhood to find a missing college student, David searches for a private investigator working for a high-powered client.

With a deep conviction that "justice for all" truly matters, Evie and David are unrelenting in their search for the truth. But Evie must also find answers to the questions that lie just beneath the surface in her personal life.

Pick up your copy here...

Dee Henderson is the author of 14 best-selling novels, including the acclaimed O'Malley series and the Uncommon Heroes series. As a leader in the inspirational romantic suspense category, her books have won or been nominated for several prestigious industry awards, including the RWA's RITA Award, the Christy Award, the ECPA Gold Medallion, the Holt Medallion, the National Readers' Choice Award, and the Golden Quill. Dee is a lifelong resident of Illinois and is active online. Visit her at www.deehenderson.com.
 
I am starting to be a huge fan of romantic Suspense lately. I really enjoyed this Evie Blackwell Cold Case mystery. I really got into the cold cases that David and Evie were working on. This is a book that will you will stay up reading all night.
Evie and David make a good team and their significant others are great characters as well.  Maggie is  David' girlfriend she is a singer/song writer so of course I loved her. Rob was Evie's boyfriend, I was eager to find out how they were going to move forward with their relationship but Henderson left me hanging at the end. So I am hoping to find out in the next book in the series how that all ends, and if it ends well for them both.
I gave this book 4 stars and recommend it. I hope you will pick up a copy and give this series a try. This can be read as a stand alone. I did not read book one in the series.
I received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are my own.

 

18 comments:

  1. Now this one I will be reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic review! I wanted to read this one! It's on my list to check out though, especially now! Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good suspense. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not read a book by Dee in years. You can bet I will be reading this one after this review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Sherley, You are the WINNER! I will get your book right out to you!

      Delete
  6. Dee henderson's number one fan... My wife. See our last names are the same. Who knows that just might be my sister. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. now I love her books. I've not read any of her books in a long time. But I'm ready to now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not normally a fan of suspense, but after reading this review, I might just have to read this one. A great review Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to read this one very bad. I like suspense a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you know how long its been since I have heard the name Dee Henderson? I use to read her books years ago. I wondered what happened to her. I will be reading this for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just called the library. They have two copies of this one but there is a long waiting list so I may just go ahead and buy it. I loved your review.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love suspense novels. Thank you for the opportunity to learn about new authors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love suspense novels. Thank you for the opportunity to learn about new authors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for a great review, Mary. I am a fan of Dee Henderson. Can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Mary, First I have to I like your blog picture of the girl reading with a little bookshelf, so cute!
    I'm. Currently reading Taken by Dee Henderson and it is so good!
    So I know for sure Threads of Suspicion will be great!
    jennydtipton at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete