Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Peace in the Valley By Ruth Logan Herne




In spite of their differences, Trey Walker Stafford knows he owes his life to cowboy and legendary rancher Sam Stafford—the uncle who rescued him after his parents’ death. Trey had left the Double S Ranch to pursue music against Sam’s wishes, but returns to central Washington when he learns he’s the best match for a procedure that could save Sam’s life. Although Trey’s found country music fame and success, he’s also endured the tragic loss of his wife. He croons about love, but struggles with a yawning emptiness he can’t explain.
 
Overwhelmed by a growing list of challenges, but mistrustful of Stafford men, single mother Lucy Carlton reluctantly accepts Trey’s help to revive her crumbling farm when Sam instructs him to repay the overdue debt to her family.
 
As the two grow closer, Trey slowly begins to open his heart to this beautiful woman and strives to let go of the grief he’s held for years. Lucy has a complicated history of her own. Can Trey accept her as she is, learn to forgive the past, and find the elusive peace he's sought for so long?

Pick up your copy here...



Best-selling, multi-published author Ruth Logan Herne is the author of over thirty novels and novellas through traditional publishers and her own independent works. She loves God, her family, country, coffee, chocolate and dogs, and wishes possums would leave the cat food on the side porch alone. With over 3/4 million books in print, Ruthy is living her dream of touching hearts and souls by writing the kind of books she likes to read. She is also part of Mighty Finn Creations with her photographer/editor daughter Beth Jamison, and their new series "The Adventures of The Mighty Finn" has just released.

She loves chatting with readers through her website blog http://ruthloganherne.com and hanging with readers and writers in Seekerville... www.seekerville.blogspot.com where coffee is always hot, fresh and good! She loves playing in the kitchen, too, with a wonderful group of regionally-inspired inspirational authors at the Yankee Belle Cafe www.yankeebellecafe.blogspot.com. On Goodreads, she's (yes, you guessed it!) Ruth Logan Herne, and that's how to find this prolific author on facebook, too!

Book three in the  Double S Ranch series. Cowboys! Oh yeah that's what we all want to read about.
As with the first two books in this series. You are not going to be able to put this book down. I was a little bit disappointed that this one was a mass market paperback (that means the little books) instead of the big paperback which is what I like to read.
But the story did not disappoint and the end of the book has Recipes form Lucy's Kitchen how about that.
I am a fan of Herne's and I can't wait to see what is next from her. 
I gave this book 4 stars and I HIGLY recommend this whole series.
I received  this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are my own.

14 comments:

  1. I sometimes like to read a book out of my genre, which is Amish fiction, and this sounds like a book that I would enjoy. Thanks Mary for this review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great read. I wanted to be a cowboy when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well looky here, I love the new look of your blog. This book does need to be on my book shelf. I really like that cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My wife liked the first two books I bet she will want to red this one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I;m going to the library tomorrow, I will add this one to my list. I like Ruth's books. Mary, I like the revamped blog, the colors are you and I see your two babies up there. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been waiting on this one. I must say I really like your new look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie, you are the WINNER! I will get your book right out to you!

      Delete
  7. I love Plum and I really like that you have a new blog. It is so fresh. This is a book that I have had on my list for sometime now. I just ordered it. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love cowboys who doesn't, this will be a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now there is a cover! Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your new look! Thank you for sharing! Ruth's book sounds looks a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing about this new book! And your site looks đź‘Ťgreat!

    ReplyDelete