Monday, March 16, 2015

The Shepherd's Song By Betsy Duffey and Laurie Myers



Follow the incredible journey of one piece of paper—a copy of Psalm 23—as it travels around the world, linking lives and hearts with its simple but beautiful message.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures…
Shortly before a tragic car accident, Kate McConnell wrote down the powerful words of Psalm 23 on a piece of paper for her wayward son. Just before she loses consciousness, Kate wonders if she’s done enough with her life and prays,“Please, let my life count.”
Unbeknownst to Kate, her handwritten copy of Psalm 23 soon begins a remarkable journey around the world. From a lonely dry cleaning employee to a soldier wounded in Iraq, to a young Kurdish girl fleeing her country, to a Kenyan runner in the Rome Invitational Marathon, this humble message forever changes the lives of twelve very different people. Eventually, Kate’s paper makes it back to its starting place, and she discovers the unexpected ways that God changes lives, even through the smallest gestures.

Pick up your copy here

Betsy Duffey is a licensed counselor and worked for four years with homeless women, often using writing as a tool for healing. Over the years Betsy has spoken at hundreds of elementary schools and has shared her ideas with countless women’s groups. She lives with her husband in Atlanta, Georgia. They have two grown sons. Betsy and her sister, Laurie Myers, write together as the Writing Sisters.

Laurie Myers has spoken extensively in elementary schools across the nation, sharing her love of reading and writing. She has a passion for helping those in need, working as a nurse, tutoring incarcerated youth, and cofounding an urban school. Laurie lives with her husband in Augusta, Georgia. They have three grown children. Laurie and her sister, Betsy Duffey, write together as the Writing Sisters.

The first chapter starts out with Kate's story and then you get the other 11 people that Kate touches and the last chapter ends with Kate.
this is by far a very intriguing and touching story. Psalm 23 says a lot and you don't want to miss how it touch's these 12 people in this book.
You are going to really enjoy this book. I could not put it down I had to see how this one piece of paper could change so many lives. You will not be the same after you read this book.
It would make a wonderful book club read. It has a reading Guide at the end to help with the book club.
I gave this book 4 stars and I recommend this read.
I was given a copy of this book by the authors for my honest review.

8 comments:

  1. This I believe is a book I would really enjoy. I love to read how Good can touch so many different lives through something so simple. Thank you Mary great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O mu goodness this sounds AWESOME <3 !! Thanks for the offer .Blessings ,DanaGirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good inspirational read. Great review!

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book seems like it is a real blessing. Thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for a great review, Mary! I always enjoy your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Psalms 23 I will have to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Psalm 23 is one of my favorite scriptures! I am sure that this a book that I would enjoy! Thank you for the review!

    ReplyDelete