Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Undercurrent of Secrets By Rachel Scott McDaniel


 Two women, a century apart, are bound by a haunting secret aboard a legendary steamboat.


Walk through Doors to the Past via a new series of historical stories of romance and adventure.

As wedding coordinator for the 100-year-old steamboat The Belle of Louisville, Devyn Asbury takes pride in seeing others’ dreams come true, even though her engagement had sunk like a diamond ring to the bottom of the Ohio River. When the Belle becomes a finalist in the Timeless Wedding Venue contest, Devyn endeavors to secure the prestigious title with hopes to reclaim some of her professional dreams. What she hadn’t planned on was Chase Jones showing up with a mysterious photo from the 1920s.
 
A century earlier, Hattie Louis is as untamable as the rivers that raised her. As the adopted daughter of a steamboat captain, her duties range from the entertainment to cook. When strange incidents occur aboard the boat, Hattie’s determined to discover the truth. Even if that means getting under First Mate Jack Marshall’s handsome skin. 

Pick up your copy here...

Rachel Scott McDaniel is an award-winning author of historical romance. Winner of the ACFW Genesis Award and the RWA Touched By Love award, Rachel infuses faith and heart into each story. She currently enjoys life in Ohio with her husband and two kids. Rachel can be found online at www.RachelScottMcDaniel.com and on all social media platforms.

My Thoughts...
I loved this and the amount of research that went into it was just amazing.
I have to say I don't usually enjoy historicals to much but this one was so different. I could not put it down.
 You are sure to enjoy this 4 star read too.
The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are our own.

7 comments:

  1. I can't read this one. I have to read the rest of the series first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great and I like your review. I am so anal when it comes to a series, even stand alones, I have to read them in order...I cannot read them out of sequence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A new author for me I need to read the whole series.

    ReplyDelete