Friday, July 12, 2024

Whiskey Scars by Kristi Copeland

 

Angels don't do what he did

Kennedy:
I didn't need to tell him my story, the blood running down my face made it clear. One look at me stumbling down a dark backroad during a midnight thunderstorm and he knew. The years of torment evident in the Whiskey Scars I tried so hard to hide.

Soaked to the bone, frozen, and scared, escape from my abusive past had never been an option. But I was put in his path for a reason. He saved my life that night and for that I will be forever grateful.

Jake:
I wasn't looking for trouble, but for some reason it always seemed to find me. I got turned around outside a small town and found her in a muddy, torn dress—broken and bruised.

In her eyes, I glimpsed the same pain my own mother had endured, the weight of a thousand storms crashing around her. I couldn't simply look away; the chance to finally do something good with my life presented itself. I knew exactly what I had to do.

Prepare to be drawn into a raw and agonizing narrative set against the backdrop of broken souls and the healing power of compassion. “Whiskey Scars” will stay with you long after the final page is turned.

Pick up your copy here...


All my life, writing, sharing experiences through story-telling, and intensive research has interested me. All of these loves are combined to give my readers an experience through the written word. I reside in a small town in northeast Texas and originate from a small town in Michigan. Both MI and TX are prominent in my writing.

Everywhere I look, I see someone begging me to write about them. Music, every day life, and even my husband’s dreams inspire ideas about new books! Like so many of my favorite novels have done for me, I sincerely hope to connect with you through my writing. My simple communication style brings words off the page to a vision in your mind.

Join me as I create scenarios that could happen to anyone…and probably have. Maybe me, maybe you.

My Thoughts...
I read a lot of books, I have read most of Copelands and this is by far her best book yet. It was intense and at times heartbreaking but so full of emotions. I won't lie you might cry.
I can't wait to read what come next from Copeland.
Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required, and all views expressed are our own.

5 comments: