I'm very excited about my new book, my eighth, and my first novel: SOUNDS LIKE TROUBLE TO ME, publishing this spring in May 2026 with Running Wild Press. You can read about it here or at my website. Also, follow me on Bluesky at JusticeWithJean.
At Framingham Women's Prison in Massachusetts, I directed eight productions, including THE MERCHANT OF VENICE. It is the basis of my first book SHAKESPEARE BEHIND BARS: THE POWER OF DRAMA IN A WOMEN'S PRISON, published by St. Martin's Press, 2001. I was the first person to direct a Shakespeare play in prison and was awarded the prestigious Gramsci Award in Italy for my work in theatre and literature for the past 30 years.
Prison work changed me, and I've written many articles and been featured on The Today Show, All Things Considered-NPR, and The Connection. I helped to establish Changing Lives Through Literature for women in Massachusetts where those on probation are sentenced to a literature seminar and probation instead of jail.
My first fiction, MOTHERLOVE, was published in 2024 by Concord Free Press is about the mothers of teens who killed other teens, and is my first fiction. Now, a novel, and I hope to bring readers into a world they do not know.
I live more happily than not with my husband in Massachusetts.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.