Thursday, May 24, 2012

Review of A Perfect Square by Vannetta Chapman





v




There's more to the quaint northern Indiana town of Shipshewana than handcrafted quilts, Amish-made furniture, immaculate farms and close-knit families. When a dead girl is found floating in a local pond, murder is also afoot. And Reuben Fisher is in jail as the suspect! Reuben refuses to divulge any information, even to clear himself of a crime Deborah is certain he didn't commit. So, with her English friend, Callie---fellow sleuth and owner of Daisy's Quilt Shop---Deborah sets out to uncover the truth. But the mystery deepens when an elderly man seeks Callie's help in finding his long-lost daughter, missing since the days of the 1965 Palm Sunday Tornadoes. An old man who has lost his past. A young man who may lose his future. Once again Deborah and Callie find themselves trying to piece together a crazy quilt of lives and events---one that can bring unexpected touches of God's grace and resolve the tragedy that has shaken this quiet Amish community.






About the Vannetta Chapman
Vannetta Chapman has published over one hundred articles in Christian family magazines, receiving over two dozen awards from Romance Writers of America chapter groups. She discovered her love for the Amish while researching her grandfather's birthplace of Albion, Pennsylvania. Her first novel, A Simple Amish Christmas, quickly became a bestseller. Chapman lives in the Texas hill country with her husband.


http://www.vannettachapman.com/ 
 
My ReviewLet me start by saying I was not sure I was going to like these books, I had read Mrs. Chapman's first book A Simple Amish Christmas And I LOVED it. But  an Amish mystery I was just not so sure about that. Well I must tell you I read both books in two days and was left wanting MORE!

Vannetta includes mystery, suspense. and a little romance into this GREAT read. This is filled with GREAT characters. My favorite character is Max. This book was so intriguing, I could not stop reading until the very last page; I just had to find out what was going to happen next.  This was a book where I could not anticipate what was going to happen next. I love the mystery in this book, it was definitely a page turner. I felt as though I was right there in the middle of Shipshewana with all of the characters.

I pray that she sends me Book Number Three in the series! 







5 STARS for sure!


I was given a copy of this book by the author

9 comments:

  1. Mary, what a great review of Vanetta's books. I haven't read them yet, but now I'll be putting them toward the top of the pile! I live only 2 hours from Shipshewana, so I'm very familiar with the area. I go there several times a year to find my "peaceful life." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love love love to read amish stories !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love comming to your blog and hearing about all these great books,,on the other hand my bank account is running low getting all these 5 star books,,lol..keep them comming..Thanks so much Mary..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James, you are the winner of these two 5 star books e-mail me your mailing address themaryreader@yahoo.com

      Delete
  4. I will be wanting to read these. I have always trusted your judgement on book reviews and you have never been wrong yet! This was a great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for these reviews. you are really adding books to my to read list

    ReplyDelete