Thursday, August 7, 2014

Caroline's Secret By Amy Lillard



In Amy Lillard's poignant introduction to Wells Landing, a small Amish community is home to two brave souls hoping to forget their painful pasts and rebuild their faith in the future. . .
 
Caroline Hostetler arrived in Oklahoma determined to forge a new life for herself and her daughter, Emma. As a single mother, she values the warmth and safety she's found in close-knit Wells Landing. She's even caught the eye of a handsome newcomer--a man who just may be the partner she longs for and the father Emma deserves. But the arrival of an Englisher threatens to lay bare the secrets she's worked so hard to leave behind. . .
After losing his life-long sweetheart, Andrew Fitch moved to Wells Landing to work in his uncle's furniture business and nurse his broken heart. Finding love again seems all but impossible--until he meets Caroline and Emma. But his plans to join their lives together may be shattered when the truth of Caroline's past comes to light--unless, together, they can learn the true meaning of sacrifice and forgiveness. . 

Pick up your copy here




I'm a wife, mother, and bona fide Southern belle. Published author, expert corn bread maker, and Squirrel Princess.

I live in Tulsa, though I was born in Mississippi. I moved to the Sooner State when I was seventeen and met my soul mate and best friend not long after. I've retained a little of my Mississippi accent though most people think I'm from Texas. Rob and I have been married for over twenty years and have a son-a mom proclaimed prodigy, of course!

I love homemade tacos, shoes, and romance novels-not necessarily in that order. I'm a big fan of country music, a staunch proponent of saving the Oxford comma, and I'm shamefully obsessed with all things Harry Potter.

I believe that God is love. I guess that's why I adore romances.

I have always been intrigued with the Amish culture, their gentle ways and slower-paced lifestyle. (And I love, love, love the fact that they stay married for their lifetime.) But until recently I never thought to blend this interest with my penchant for romance. Okay, okay, I'm a bit old-fashioned and even enjoy the gender roles that are present in this culture. I love to cook and take care of my family. Yes, that's me June Cleaver with a laptop.

I dislike people trying to convince me to read the Twlight series (I'll get to it or I won't, either way I'm good with it), gratuitous violence, and strawberry ice cream. (I know I'm alone on this last one, and again, I'm good with it.)

Favorite movies-(besides HP) French Kiss, Maid of Honor, A Lot Like Love, Just Married, and Sweet Home Alabama. Oh, and Miss Congeniality, Sabrina (both versions) and a 1940′s movie called Dear Ruth. If you haven't seen it, you should! A-dorable. Anything with Doris Day and most all of Marilyn's and Audrey's.

Amy's latest touches on Forgiveness and faith and you will not be able to put it down.
You are sure to love the protagonist Caroline as much as I did.
Amy has out done her self on this one. Don't miss this first book in Amy's new series.
I have read every book Amy has wrote to date and loved them all but this one by far is my favorite so far.
I can't wait until January 2015 for book two in the series Courting Emily.
I gave this book 5 stars and HIGHLY recommend it.
I was given a copy of this book by the publisher for my honest review.

9 comments:

  1. I too loved this book the best out of everything Amy has written in the Amish fiction genre. I too highly recommend it!

    Great review Mary! I feel the same way!

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like another great book. I could use another lesson in forgiveness.
    Thanks for sharing your review, Mary. Ü

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read this book! I already know it is going to be great. I need more time for reading!!
    susanlulu@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review on my birthday! Thanks, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful review. This sounds like another good book that will want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Mary for you great review. Sounds like a book I need to read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like another good Amish book! I want to definitely read this book. Great review Mary.

    ReplyDelete