Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Rescued Hearts By: Hope Dougherty



Children’s clothing designer Mary Wade Kimball’s soft spot for animals leads to a hostage situation when she spots a briar- entangled kitten in front of an abandoned house. Beaten, bound, and gagged by the two thugs inside, Mary Wade loses hope for escape when a third villain returns with supplies. Discovering the kidnapped woman ratchets the complications for undercover agent Brett Davis. Weighing the difference of ruining his three months’ investigation against the woman’s safety, Brett forsakes his mission and helps her escape, the bent-on-revenge brutes following behind. When Mary Wade’s safety is threatened once more, Brett rescues her again. This time, her personal safety isn’t the only thing in jeopardy. Her heart is endangered as well.

Pick up your copy here...
 
 
 
Before writing novels, Hope Toler Dougherty published non-fiction articles on topics ranging from gardening with children and environmental awareness to writing apprehension. A native North Carolinian, she likes cheering with her husband, Kevin, for the Pittsburgh Steelers, ACC basketball, and Army West Point Football. 

Things that make her happy include her four children, writing and receiving real mail, cooking, reading, books, book stores, book clubs, used book sales, libraries, crocheting, and traveling. Things that make her sad include washing dishes, de-cluttering, dusting, sweeping, mopping…

My Thoughts...
This is a new to me author. 
Rescued Hearts has suspense, romance and good characters.
I had a tough time getting into it. Midway through it picked up and  I was happy that I continued reading it.
I liked that the characters were believable and real life played into the story.
I will say that this is a 4 star read. Give it a try.
   The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are our own. 

13 comments:

  1. I don't think this one is for me. I have to read a book that keeps my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will see if the library has this one. nice cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a self published book. Mary, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know this author. the story sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this book with us. Something different.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the books I read. I have never read or heard of this author before, but I don't read self published books any more. Mary, maybe you can start telling us if the book is self published in the review. Because sometimes the cover is really well done like a professional, it's hard to tell.Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked the review but I think that I will pass on this one. I am not a big fan of suspense.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad to meet Hope. It is always fun to find a new author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been debating on whether or not I want to read this one. Great review that I will definitely take into consideration. :)

    ReplyDelete