Wednesday, May 15, 2019

The Radiant Midnight By Melissa Maimone







Grace and Hope for Long Dark Nights

Have you ever suffered with depression, sadness, or the feeling that you just can't seem to get it together? Do you wonder if you could ever view your deepest wounds in a different light?

Through candid storytelling, biblical truth, honest lament, and unexpected humor, The Radiant Midnight is a bold refusal to simplify the experience of suffering by moving too quickly to try to relieve it. With questions to guide you and practical suggestions to lead you through dark moments, this book takes you on a journey of surrender, suffering, rest, and restoration as it encourages and comforts you in whatever struggle you face.

The message of The Radiant Midnight is fueled by the passionate belief that not only will God lead you out of darkness, He will be fully and beautifully present within it. You can find deep contentment in painful circumstances and discover a profound intimacy with a compassionate, tender God who is with you in every moment—in each hope-filled dawn and every radiant midnight.

Pick up your copy here...
 https://www.amazon.com/Radiant-Midnight-Depression-Grace-Gifts/dp/0736976477/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1_sspa?keywords=The+Radiant+Midnight+By+Melissa+Maimone&qid=1557621246&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmrnull-spons&psc=1



Melissa Maimone teaches women that an authentic life in Christ can be messy and magnificent at the exact same time. With her unique blend of theology, humor, and insight, Melissa provides down-to-earth lessons, practical applications, and life-changing perspectives to real women who are living real lives in the midst of real problems.

Using Scripture, art, story-telling, and lessons from her own battle with depression, Melissa demonstrates that the light of JOY can be found even in dark places. She is both a teacher and friend to her audiences; creating a dynamic atmosphere of learning, inspiration, and shared experiences. She encourages women that they can live a bold, messy, magnificent life of vulnerability and victory because they are known, accepted, and deeply loved by God--just as they are. Women leave their time with Melissa equipped with biblical, realistic, and transferrable tools to live a life of JOY, no matter what they face in life.

Melissa is the author of "Gathering Dandelions: Meditations and Musings on Faith, Fracture, and Beauty Mistaken for a Weed", a book of short stories, prayers, and reflective questions written in her trademark style of down-to-earth humor, authenticity, and a rich understanding of God's grace. It won the 2017 "Devotional of the Year" from Interviews and Reviews.


Melissa says, ""So many books offer to help a person get out of the darkness. I am passionate about helping women to live well while they are in it. I believe that our darkest seasons require great care, deep faith, and a healthy sense of humor. I also believe that our darkest seasons offer us gifts and graces we cannot see in the lighter periods of life."

Melissa has been a featured speaker at various Christian camps, women's events and retreats throughout the United States. She is part of the speaking team for Seasons Weekend, created by author and dramatist Nicole Johnson. Melissa has appeared on TBN and KKLA Christian Radio, and has been published in Welcome Home magazine.

She and her husband Danny live in Southern California with their two children, three cats, one dog, two mice, and a tortoise. She loves Jesus, her family, and her friends. Her hobbies include reading, walking, watching weird documentaries, and eating tacos.


My Thoughts...

After losing my daughter last year, I must say I have lived in a very dark cloud. So this book has been a help to me. Maimone does not say that there is anything wrong with me, she does not say what I am going through is not normal. She has many highlights that give me hope and let me know it's okay.  She says In not alone even though it feels like I am. She has an insight and helpful voice for those of us who need it and will listen.
I recommend this book to many people there are many people in pain and many people that we can share this book with. I would suggest getting many copies and sharing this book.
The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are our own.
 

5 comments:

  1. Yesm I'm adding this one to my ever growing list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to read this!!! I'm still not over my mom dying so this may benefit me too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I call this a need to read book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, where are my fiction books? I have money to get books but don't know what to buy.

    ReplyDelete