Thursday, November 25, 2021

After She Falls By Carmen Schober

 

She's always had that fire in her. She just needs to find it again.

Strong-willed Adri Rivera nearly achieved her goal of being a professional mixed martial artist, but then she fell in love with a man who knocked all the fight out of her. When their abusive, tumultuous relationship finally comes to a head, Adri flees with their young daughter to her small hometown in the mountains of Pennsylvania. There, she must face the people she left behind and put her broken life back together again.

A hardened Max Lyons can't believe Adri is back in town after abruptly cutting him and everyone else off years ago. Despite the distance that grew between them, he feels compelled to help her regain her independence and offers her a job at his gym. But regaining each other's trust is another matter, made even more complicated by the lingering spark between them. As Adri dares to pursue her dream again, she trains for a big tournament with Max's help, but they'll both have to confront their own doubts in order to rise victorious. 

Pick up your copy here..


Hi! I'm Carmen, and I write (among other things).

I'm also wife to Jeff, mom to Vivian and Sofia (and one on the way!), occasional goal-coach, Rocky enthusiast, perpetual project starter, and a former creative writing teacher. I've published sports fiction and nonfiction in literary journals, freelanced, edited a few magazines, and I recently finished my debut novel, 

My Thoughts...                                                                                                  A very well written story. One that you don't read every day. And I like unique reads.
Debut authors always amaze me they write like they have been doing it for years.
You are going to love the storyline and the well thought out characters.
4 stars and one to give as a gift.
 The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are our own.

5 comments:

  1. I hope that you have a great day and plenty to read today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciate your thoughts and post Mary. I too love debut authors and when others enjoy them as much as I do I always hope that my review of the ARC has helped make the book popular in some small way.

    ReplyDelete