Sunday, November 14, 2021

The Inventions of God (and Eva) By Dave Connis


 This delightfully illustrated picture book tells the story of inventor extraordinaire Eva—and the God who created her to be a lot like Him.


Little Eva is a budding engineer who loves to invent machines, toys, and robots that bring her joy. But where does her curiosity, creativity, and pizzazz come from? Meet God. He loves to invent, too, and delights in His creations, especially Eva.

God and Eva are A LOT alike because God made Eva to be just like Him.

Eva loves her inventions, but maybe not their earlier versions. God loves Eva, every version of her, and He wants her to know just how much. Parents and children alike will relish the playful illustrations and the gentle reminder that the image of God is alive in each of us. 

Pick up your copy here...

I write words you can sing and words you can read. I live in Chattanooga, TN with my wife, Clara and a dog that barks at non-existent threats.

When I'm not writing YA or MG, I'm probably working really strange part-time jobs, and doing other things that actually give my family the ability to eat food. I'm a member the Jedi Counsel, and I have a propensity to daydream when ever I attempt to be an adult.

Four truths and one lie:

1. I once built a raft with friends and rafted down a river for a week

2. The first story I wrote was autobiographical X-Men fan fiction which culminated with me kissing Rogue, naturally.

3. If alligator or goat is on a restaurant/cafe menu I will order it.

4. I tried out to be a drummer for the Blue Man Group when I was 16.

5. I camped on the shore of the frozen Canadian wasteland of Hudson Bay in -32 degree weather.


My Thoughts...

If you have a little one aged 3-7 I would grab this for a great Christmas gift. Or if your little one already has a copy, it would make a great gift idea for someone in school or Sunday school.

The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are our own.

4 comments: