Tuesday, July 26, 2022

The Stories of God (and Kiki) by Dave Connis

 


Little Kiki is an aspiring author and illustrator who weaves daring tales about swashbuckling otters, all-knowing sea cucumbers, and nail-biting rescues from the clutches of gerblins (part gerbil, part goblin). But where do her imagination, creativity, and ideas come from?
 
Meet God, the author of all stories. He writes adventurous tales such as Esther Saves Her Family and Friends, Jesus and the Tomb that Couldn’t Hold Him, and the Story of Kiki.

Kiki loves to write but sometimes she forgets to include important pieces (like the time she forgot to give the ship’s cook a kitchen). God also loves to write, and He knows exactly what every story needs. They are both writing their biggest story of all, and the endings are bound to be incredible.
 

Children and parents alike will delight in the playful illustrations, imaginative side stories, and the gentle reminder that the image of God is alive in each of us. 

Pick up your copy here...


I write words you can sing and words you can read. I live in Chattanooga, TN with my wife, Clara and a dog that barks at non-existent threats.

When I'm not writing YA or MG, I'm probably working really strange part-time jobs, and doing other things that actually give my family the ability to eat food. I'm a member the Jedi Counsel, and I have a propensity to daydream when ever I attempt to be an adult.

Four truths and one lie:

1. I once built a raft with friends and rafted down a river for a week

2. The first story I wrote was autobiographical X-Men fan fiction which culminated with me kissing Rogue, naturally.

3. If alligator or goat is on a restaurant/cafe menu I will order it.

4. I tried out to be a drummer for the Blue Man Group when I was 16.

5. I camped on the shore of the frozen Canadian wasteland of Hudson Bay in -32 degree weather.


My Thoughts...

This was such a cute story and a great message for our kids. This would make a great gift.

5 comments: