Wednesday, July 11, 2018

River to Redemption By Ann Gabhart



Orphaned in the cholera epidemic of 1833, Adria Starr was cared for by a slave named Louis, a man who stayed in Springfield, Kentucky, when anyone with means had fled. A man who passed up the opportunity to escape his bondage and instead tended to the sick and buried the dead. A man who, twelve years later, is being sold by his owners despite his heroic actions. Now nineteen, Adria has never forgotten what Louis did for her. She's determined to find a way to buy Louis's freedom. But in 1840s Kentucky, she'll face an uphill battle.

Pick up your copy here...
https://www.amazon.com/River-Redemption-Ann-H-Gabhart/dp/0800723643/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1530902502&sr=1-1


Ann H. Gabhart caught the writing bug at the age of ten and has been writing ever since. An award winning author, she's published many books for both adults and young adults. Scent of Lilacs, her first inspirational novel, was chosen as a Top Ten Christian Fiction Book by Booklist magazine. Her Shaker novel, The Outsider, was a finalist for ECPA Christian Fiction Book of the Year and was a Top Pick by Romantic Times Book Review Magazine. Love Comes Home won the Selah Book of the Year award. Ann writes about Kentucky history and small town life and as A.H. Gabhart is the author of the Hidden Springs mysteries.

Ann lives on a farm in Kentucky not far from where she was born. She and her husband have three children and nine grandchildren. Ann loves hiking on her farm with her grandkids and her dog, Oscar. See more about her books at www.annhgabhart.com or join the conversation on her Facebook page, www.facebook.com/anngabhart.

My Thoughts...

I have been a fan of Gabharts  for year and have read all of her books.
 So when I got this book I was very excited to read it, I already knew it was going to be a fantastic read. I was not disappointed one bit.
I gave this book 4 stars and I recommend it.
 The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are our own.

8 comments:

  1. I love this cover, And it sounds like a good read. I will be looking into getting a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for telling us about this. Excited reader here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved her Kentucky Springs series. I have to get this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to read this, she is one of the best authors on my favorite list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only read These Healing Hills but it made me an Ann Gabhart fan for life. I'm really excited for this one because it sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This is a book that I can't wait to get my hands on! Hope I win it! I love her books!

    ReplyDelete