Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Saving Meghan By D. J. Palmer









Saving Meghan is a riveting new thriller full of secrets and lies from author D.J. Palmer.

Can you love someone to death?
Some would say Becky Gerard is a devoted mother and would do anything for her only child. Others, including her husband Carl, claim she's obsessed and can't stop the vicious circle of finding a cure at her daughter's expense.
Fifteen-year-old Meghan has been in and out of hospitals with a plague of unexplained illnesses. But when the ailments take a sharp turn, clashing medical opinions begin to raise questions about the puzzling nature of Meghan’s illness. Doctors suspect Munchausen syndrome by proxy, a rare behavioral disorder where the primary caretaker seeks medical help for made-up symptoms of a child. Is this what's going on? Or is there something even more sinister at hand?
As the Gerards grow more and more suspicious of each other and their medical team, Becky must race against time to prove her daughter has a deadly disease. But first, she must confront her darkest fears and family secrets that threaten to not only upend her once-ordered life…but to destroy it.

Pick up your copy here...
 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1250107458/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i0

D.J. PALMER is the author of numerous critically acclaimed suspense novels, including Delirious and Desperate. After receiving his master’s degree from Boston University, he spent a decade as an e-commerce pioneer before turning his attention to writing. He lives with his wife and two children in New Hampshire where he is currently at work on his next novel.

My Thoughts...

 I was so excited for this book. I devoured it and did not see a lot of it coming. It kept me on my toes. I will not tell you if I am team #BelieveBecky or team #ProtectMeghan I want you to read it and tell me which team you are.
I will tell you this, you will not see the ending coming. You will be as shocked as I was.
I can't wait to read Mr. Palmers next book.
4 stars and I HIGHLY recommend this book.
The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are our own.



8 comments:

  1. This sounds like a stay up all night reading book. I would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Medical thrillers use to be all I read years ago. This sounds like the perfect book for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, this is what I have been asking for some great fiction books, thank you. I have $100 gift card I am dying to use on some getaway books. Thank you. I trust your opinion so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came to the library to see what you have been posting about before heading to work. This book caught my eye. Sounds like it has a lot of twists and turns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Intriguing and dark, I like that. Like to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm Team #WhatTheHeckHappenedBecauseIWasNOTExpectingThat ....lol. This book was phenomenal!! I am Team #BelieveBeckyToProtectMeghan :) Highly recommend this book and loved your review!

    ReplyDelete