Monday, January 25, 2021

Alter Ego By K.A.Masson

 

A woman in her early forties, juggling work, single parenthood and dating, is arrested for the attempted murder of her boyfriend. Will she be able to prove her innocence as the evidence mounts against her?


In K. A. Masson's domestic noir thriller, Alter Ego, Alex Kendrew finds the perfect man in Mal. They immediately click but shortly after meeting, he dumps her to go back to his ex. She returns to dating, but is horrified when her young son, Ned, discovers her drunk and dishevelled on the sofa one morning, after meeting a man in a hotel for sex the previous night.


An email inviting her to a reunion leads to a relationship with a man she knew at college; he is now successful, rich and, most importantly, has children himself. But rather than being a father figure for Ned, he is cruel and controlling.


Out of the blue, Mal gets in touch; Alex begins a passionate affair with him. But one morning, the police arrest her for his attempted murder. Someone is framing her; how can she prove her innocence as the evidence mounts against her?
Pick Up your copy here...                                                                                                                                    Alter Ego: Masson, K a: 9781838241605: Amazon.com: Books

Thank you for your interest in my book.

I live in London with my teenage son and our black cat Slinky, and have worked in graphic design for over 20 years, bringing to life the words of others. I began writing Alter Ego almost by accident. I emailed Faber Academy on a day when someone had just pulled out of their ‘Start Your Novel In A Week’ course. Without that stroke of luck, I may never have got further than the first few chapters.

I've always loved books with a psychological element; My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier, Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro and the Dublin Murders series by Tana French are among my favourite books. I’m fascinated by the crazy things that normal people do, when pushed by anger, fear, jealousy, and hate.

I’m an avid runner, and love cinema, photography and art. I couldn’t live without coffee and I’m a decent meringue baker.

You can find out more about me at my website: https://www.kamassonwriter.com/
My Thoughts...                                                                                                    This was a new author for me. The story was good, there were a lot of characters for my liking but the story was good. Domestic thrillers are on the top of my favorite to read list. It took me a bit to figure this one out. Masson is on my radar now.  I plan to read more of her books as she writes more. I gave Alter Ego 3 stars. The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are our own.                                                                                       

4 comments: