Monday, April 10, 2023

Oakdale by Kristi Copeland


 Mike Allen inherited a fortune five years ago and moved to L.A. to live high on the hog, as his grandfather used to say. On the one-year anniversary of his best friend’s death, the multi-millionaire decides it’s time to revisit his past and return to the small town in Tennessee he used to call home.


Oakdale.

When Mike uncovers family secrets that shake him to the core, he wonders how he could have missed the signs of abuse in a town where everyone knows everything about everyone. Is it all just too much to handle?

Mike must decide if he should leave the drama behind and return to California or stay in Tennessee, rediscover his roots, and embrace his family, whatever difficulties may arise.

Pick up your copy here...


All my life, writing, sharing experiences through story-telling, and intensive research has interested me. Finally, with my first novel, all of these loves have been combined to give my readers an experience through the written word.

Like so many of my favorite books have done for me, I sincerely hope to connect with you through my writing. A simple communication style brings words off the page to a vision in your mind.

Everywhere I look, I see someone begging me to write about them. Even my husband’s dreams inspire ideas about new books! Join me as I create scenarios that could happen to anyone…and probably have. Maybe me, maybe you. 


My Thoughts...
This was my first book by Copeland it will not be my last.  
California or Tennessee which will it be? You are going to have to dive into this one to find out the answer I am not giving anything away.
I recommend this read.
The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required, and all views expressed are our own.

6 comments:

  1. I want to read it, never heard of this author until you posted this book on Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another one to add to my long list, this one might need to be ordered and read so I can see if I like her style before ordering the next three you just shared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mare, I ordered this and I just read your comment on Instagram I will order the other three tonight or tomorrow after I get this one.

    ReplyDelete