Monday, May 1, 2023

The Echo of Old Books by Barbara Davis

 

Rare-book dealer Ashlyn Greer’s affinity for books extends beyond the intoxicating scent of old paper, ink, and leather. She can feel the echoes of the books’ previous owners―an emotional fingerprint only she can read. When Ashlyn discovers a pair of beautifully bound volumes that appear to have never been published, her gift quickly becomes an obsession. Not only is each inscribed with a startling incrimination, but the authors, Hemi and Belle, tell conflicting sides of a tragic romance.

With no trace of how these mysterious books came into the world, Ashlyn is caught up in a decades-old literary mystery, beckoned by two hearts in ruins, whoever they were, wherever they are. Determined to learn the truth behind the doomed lovers’ tale, she reads on, following a trail of broken promises and seemingly unforgivable betrayals. The more Ashlyn learns about Hemi and Belle, the nearer she comes to bringing closure to their love story―and to the unfinished chapters of her own life.

Pick up your copy here...


After twelve years in the jewelry business, I finally surrendered to the muse, leaving the corporate world in order to pursue my lifelong dream of becoming a writer. I was born in Fair Lawn, New Jersey, but grew up and attended school in Florida. Eventually, work led me north, where I lived in Charleston for two years, and in Raleigh for fourteen, before eventually making my home in Dover, New Hampshire, which makes me a Yankee, turned southerner, turned Yankee. (I think.)

When I'm not writing I'm an avid reader, foodie, and lover of music, a rabid football fan, and a devoted Florida Gator. I also enjoy travel with my husband/sweetheart, (same guy, I promise) who over the years has learned much more about publishing and the craft of writing than he ever wanted to know.

My most recent novel, THE KEEPER OF HAPPY ENDINGS, releases October 1, 2021. I am currently working on my eighth novel, and am still just as delighted with my job as I was the day I set my first word on the page!

For more about me and my books, please visit my website at: www.barbaradavis-author.com, or find me on social media: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/barbaradavisauthor OR on Twitter: @bdavisauthor.


My Thoughts...
I could not put this book down. I am so glad I read it. Thank you to @suzyapprovedbooktours for sharing it with me. A book about books it's for this crazy book lover. Great story.
The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required, and all views expressed are our own.

5 comments: