Sunday, May 19, 2013

Heaven Hears By Lindy Boone Michaelis






On June 19, 2001, Ryan Corbin, grandson of Pat Boone, accidently stepped through a skylight and fell three stories onto a cement floor. When he broke through that roof, Ryan fell into a very different life from the one he had before as the beloved son of Lindy Boone Michaelis and first grandson of entertainment icon Pat Boone. As Ryan lingered between life and death in intensive care at UCLA Medical Center, Pat and Lindy decided to take action, in a big way; they went on Larry King Live, shared their faith, and asked millions of TV viewers to pray for Ryan. And so, they prayed. Heaven Hears is an unbelievable story of answered prayer—and it’s not over yet. This book will inspire you to look for answers to prayer and to see God’s miracles.
 
You must pick up a copy



Lindy Boone Michaelis was born into the entertainment business as the second daughter of singer and entertainment icon Pat Boone. Along with her older sister, Cherry, and two younger sisters, Debby, and Laury, Lindy sang with her family in national and international singing tours from 1968 to 1977, including a tour of Japan with the Osmond Family. The Boone Girls recorded several Christian albums, including the Grammy award nominated "First Class." Lindy lives in Southern California with her husband of 26 years, attorney Mike Michaelis. She has three adult children: Ryan, Jessi, and Tyler. Lindy has worked in the fitness industry as a personal trainer and group fitness instructor. She also tours with a singing group called The New Chordettes, performing songs with tight harmonies from the forties, fifties, and sixties. On June 19, 2001, Lindy's life changed forever when her oldest son, Ryan Corbin, stepped through a skylight on the roof of his apartment building and fell several stories to a concrete floor. Ryan is still at home recovering from his traumatic brain injury (TBI) and Lindy coordinates Ryan's care. In 2003, the Boone family started a foundation called Ryan's Reach to help provide information and resources for survivors of TBI and their families.

I am really not sure how to start this review. NO mother should ever have to go though what Lindy went though let alone write about it. This had to be the hardest book to write.
This book is about a mothers life that has been turned up-side down but with the help of her family and her faith she never wavered from the good Lord and his promise to heal.
I felt Lindy's pain on every page from her telling of her first divorce to when the call came about her son Ryan's fall.
I also wished that I had the parents that Lindy writes about not Pat Boone per say but the support that her parents gave her though out this whole ordeal.
Lindy and her family know how to pray and stand on their faith.
This book is a must read. I gave this book 5 stars two times.
I highly recommend this book.
I was given a copy by the author for my review.
 
If you buy no other book that I review on this blog this year PLEASE pick up a copy of this very touching book.
All proceeds from the sale of "Heaven Hears" will go to Ryan's Reach - an organization aiding brain-injured individuals and their families.

14 comments:

  1. That would be a AWESOME AWESOME book to read !!!! Blessings,Dana "Girl"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can't wait to read this book! What a great review Mary. Thank you for the review and giveaway!

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, Mary. It sounds like a must read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a must read book especially if you know anyone with TBI. This shows the power of prayer. I can't wait to read this book.

    Thank you Mary for the review and thank you Lindy for sharing your story and faith with all of us

    Cathy Weber
    Cdweber20@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like wonderful book with a very powerful faith & love in God and His promises. Would love to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great review, Mary. What a story! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just loved Pat and his girls growing up Debby Boone sang You light up my life and I have always loved that song. I think that Linda was Pat's second daughter out of four girls. I hate she has gone though this. I remember seeing about it on TV years ago. I can't wait to read this book. Thanks for telling us about it Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie,You are the Winner! I will get you book right out to you!

      Delete
  8. Great review! Sounds like a wonderful book. Would love to read it.
    Blessings
    joeym11@frontier.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Mary. I don't know how, but I never heard about this tragedy. I loved watching the Pat Boone Show and had heard of his faith and family before tho. Can't imagine going through something like this. I am glad they have this Foundation for so many do not have the money for the help they need at times like this. It is wonderful to grow up in a family filled with a strong faith in GOD. I would love to win and read this book of Lindy's. Please put my name in. Thanks!
    Maxie mac262(at)me(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to tell you Mary I remember when this happened it was around 11 or 12 years ago. The whole world was praying for Lindy and her son Ryan. I am going to order a copy of this book right now. You are the best reviewer in this world, you always tell us readers about the best books out there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This book sounds really good and I can't wait to read it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. would love to read this book. Sharma Darby rdarby@roadrunner.com

    ReplyDelete